Addon Developer
Reaction score
And working on exterior of Spacelab
UtOUNJg.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Total Launch and BOL mass for all HS-376 satellites (including those launched from other rockets):
https://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sat/hs-376.htm
Note that only the original configuration of the HS-376 has flown aboard a Shuttle

Total Launch mass for each individual HS-389 (Intelsat VI) satellites:
https://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/intelsat-6.htm

Unfortunately, there are no specific fuel mass indicated in both links
Yes not sure what you mean here"Note that only the original configuration of the HS-376 has flown aboard a Shuttle"

I assume BOL (Beginning of life) no more fuel? Intelsat6 has 2 490KN thrusters and 6 22N rcs this is what we may use:
FiFSt0q.jpg

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yes not sure what you mean here"Note that only the original configuration of the HS-376 has flown aboard a Shuttle"
What I meant is the list of satellites starting from Anik A1 up to ZX-7 (ChinaSat 7), which comprises the first-generation of HS-376 satellites

The other generations on the list (HP, L, W) never flew on the Space Shuttle

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So it seems there are basically 2 meshes for the HS 376 sat in STS Payloads. It is the same mesh but different textures.
SQns9uN.jpg

for IntelSat6 propulsion:

Propulsion[edit]​

A liquid bi-propellant propulsion subsystem was used on the Intelsat VI series satellites, and used nitrogen tetra-oxide and mono-methyl hydrazine. Four radial thrusters, rated at 22 newtons (N) (5 lbf) are used for east-west station-keeping, and spin-up/spin-down control. Two 22 N axial mounted thrusters provide north-south station-keeping and attitude control. Two 490 N (110 lbf) apogee thrusters were used to provide the apogee boost to the satellite and support re-orientation maneuvers.

Mass: ; 4215 kg (#2-4);; 1910 kg dry so how the fuel be (4215-1910)=2305?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. since the main body are the same. I can redo those. I guess if all HS-376 why different textures?

Looking at the sbs from sts 41D it looks to be the darker textures like the Westar.

This is SBS3 from sts 5. It looks to be like the westar darker texture?
IKhoIFG.jpg

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The photos seems that the HS-376 solar panels are dark in space, while red before launch
I am not sure we have photos of the Satellites separated from the PAM. So it looks like at least for this SBS it is dark panels with red trim. The Intelsat is dark with yellow trim. I will look at other images and see

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So here are both sbs and anik. Maybe there are a brighter color with red trim?
WGlPMCd.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Redoing the ASE for sts 5. and others. little details like no logos on the ase doors. And cable running to the ASE,....

I might have the rear ase too close. Between the rails fit a bridge rail adapter and a keel adapter. It looks like the Y position (Z orbiter) on the Keel adapter can change. Not sure if the post on the bottom of the ase goes forward or aft. The ASEs will have a structure inside.

ur369KM.jpg

ZEVY9YW.jpg

MBUsZXE.jpg

r0yGkfp.jpg

x44XqUJ.jpg

AauaLMw.jpg

2DMRYqX.jpg

BI0TdPA.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does any one have detailed drawing of the ASEs?
Looking at this. The bottom seems to be more shorter in length. But then the doors need to be longer in width to allow the satellite not to hit.
Jw82rHq.jpg
And the Orbital bay envelope is the edge of the frames? It seems the top of the doors are longer also.

Vf1c1va.jpg
the orange would be the bottom of the case and the red doors. Seems like the satellite would hit at the green areas?

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok I think this is what the ASE look like. So the outer edge would cover the frame work. But it looks like the center is extended to allow the satellite to be there. in the images that is red. The doors are green and the upper part is blue.
iweoBZl.jpg

KlY5Qkl.jpg

DgNBeic.jpg

W5EdFeH.jpg

looking at images of the ase. I think the edge of the blue part are slanted not curved.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
sts 44 images:
JI9tQYa.jpg

G4vyvlL.jpg

mC9C4wj.jpg

I think I finally got the ase to where they should be:
Is1sTOf.jpg

I think the exterior of the spacelab might be done also. this is for sts 9. It seem the exterior changed slightly mainly the front round labels depending on the mission.
The interior would change also.
HSgFDb8.jpg

Any issues with the down load. I may need to remove the goggle drive links as my limit is getting close to the maximum.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Downloaded from OHM the other day....no issues with the download so far. It is quite mind-boggling that it reached over a gigabyte in size, but it doesn't matter cause it's worth it :hailprobe:

For future updates, I'd recommend it to be uploaded in parts, (one for the whole shuttle stack, and the other for payloads), so that posting it on OHM would not be a time-consuming task

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I redid sts7. And issues.
4xd2ctI.jpg

See the bridge rails are too far out,..... I can fix them.
L4JNhNg.jpg

So I guess the last ASE has no keel fitting as it seems in the aft part there is no rail across the bottom

BUT I maybe see a issue with the shuttle meshes.
NQFovq9.jpg

was there a half rail at the aft ? Else what would the ase attach too? I can add that in but that means a redo on all shuttle meshes. or the easy fix is just add the rail to the ase mesh.:)

I have a half rail at the front:
ZzBa22u.jpg