OHM Soyuz FG/U v1.2

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Where do you see this? Is this something in the simulation or in the manual?

I guess that he is talking about the manual.

what's mean right arrow with 8 underneath it?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Uh oh.. I mean up arrow with 8 underneath it.. sorry...

If I'm right about that you are talking about the manual, I guess it means that you shall use the Up button on the numpad or the 8 button on the numpad. I'm not sure if its Up or 8, but it should be easy for you to find out.

sorindafabico

Reaction score
I docked a Soyuz with an Arrow in LEO and went to Mars. Of course, it crashed on the surface, since the martian atmosphere isn't thick enough to brake the capsule.

martinezzz

Reaction score
Problems with ISS

hi i instaled soujuz addon .. ewerything looks great except one problem.

when i get to orbit there no such object as ISS :( i instaled iss 3.2 -07.09.10

it shows in scenerys folders but not when runing sojuz flights

i read manuals of sojuz and iss but nothin found about such ishue

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
You need to have the ISS and the Soyuz vehicle objects in the same scenario file.

martinezzz

Reaction score
ok i copied from ISS scenario and now ewerything seem fine. thanks :)

Andrey 26

Reaction score
hello! I have a problem when I run any of your missiles addon that I have them explode before he could fly out of the atmosphere! But I was in the left corner of the white letters says Engine fire deteckdet! Well, you got it!

Alexrey

Reaction score
I've been trying out the Soyuz addon but have some questions regarding strange "handling". I love flying everything manually, but if I pitch the nose down and then let the controls go after that, the nose will tend to go back to its vertical position. Is there something else that I need to de-active in order to make it easier to fly (currently I'm just pressing M to enable manual control). Also, auto-pilot controls such as Kill Rotation, Prograde, Retrograde etc. do not seem to work as intended either.

Castor

Reaction score
I've been trying out the Soyuz addon but have some questions regarding strange "handling". I love flying everything manually, but if I pitch the nose down and then let the controls go after that, the nose will tend to go back to its vertical position. Is there something else that I need to de-active in order to make it easier to fly (currently I'm just pressing M to enable manual control).

I have to assume that you are flying the Soyuz rocket. You see, the rocket is heading in a particular direction, i.e, its velocity is towards one direction. By pitching or yawing, you are attempting to change the position of that vector. This means that if you engage pitch controls momentarily, the rocket is still going towards that direction; so aerodynamic forces turn the rocket to face the right direction.

Alexrey

Reaction score
How are the Space Shuttle, Falcon 9 and Ariane 5 so easy to control manually compared to Soyuz? Do they not take aerodynamic forces into account as much as the Soyuz model, or do they utilize some form of thrust vector stability control preventing feedback?

Castor

Reaction score
How are the Space Shuttle, Falcon 9 and Ariane 5 so easy to control manually compared to Soyuz? Do they not take aerodynamic forces into account as much as the Soyuz model, or do they utilize some form of thrust vector stability control preventing feedback?

Earlier I just gave a quick answer from my memory. It has been quite a long time since I flew the Soyuz, so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, I don't see any such problem and the spacecraft responds immediately to my commands. Could you please specify which stage of the rocket you are flying ?

As for the NAV modes, only KILLROT is implemented.

Last edited:

Alexrey

Reaction score
I think I was starting the pitch-down manoeuvre too late, since performing it soon after launch has now solved the problem. I guess the fins at the base of each booster also act against pitch downs when at a high velocity.

Alexrey

Reaction score
I have two further quick questions:

1) Is there a Soyuz spacecraft cockpit addon so we can get a view from inside the orbital module?

2) Is it normal to have Orbiter do an "incomplete" shutdown when exiting after using the Soyuz addon (i.e. I get a progress bar pop up when closing Orbiter after using the Soyuz, and the progress bar seems to stay static so eventually I have to close the box)?

Castor

Reaction score
1) Is there a Soyuz spacecraft cockpit addon so we can get a view from inside the orbital module?

2) Is it normal to have Orbiter do an "incomplete" shutdown when exiting after using the Soyuz addon (i.e. I get a progress bar pop up when closing Orbiter after using the Soyuz, and the progress bar seems to stay static so eventually I have to close the box)?

1) AFAIK, this addon has no VC package. But you could always try out 4throck's [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5160"]Soyuz 7K series[/ame].

2) That happens when you have set the Orbiter shutdown option to "Deallocate memory and display launchpad". This option is under the Extras tab> Debugging options> Orbiter Shutdown options. For this particular addon, it is best to set this value to "Respawn Orbiter process".

xanderale54

Reaction score
Do you know how to stop it exploding on the way up?
My one always gets destroyed due to the heat.
Apart from that, great mod, worth getting

alt1978

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to get this Soyuz add-on working for my 9-year-old son. When I try to launch one of the included scenario, it crashes. Orbiter.log says this:

>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: ISSR\SouyzTM
>>> [Vessel::OpenConfigFile | .\Vessel.cpp | 252]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Tenmu-101

Reaction score
Great explosion effect
I rated this addon 5!

Also , don't forgot to change Sol to SolM in the scenario file!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
@ alt1978; which scenario in particular? Some (actually often) there may be some dependant add-ons missing that will cause Orbiter to crash.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to get this Soyuz add-on working for my 9-year-old son. When I try to launch one of the included scenario, it crashes. Orbiter.log says this:

>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
>>> ERROR: ISSR\SouyzTM
>>> [Vessel::OpenConfigFile | .\Vessel.cpp | 252]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks!

I think your missing [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3737"]Thorton's ISS[/ame], since the Soyuz capsules are part of that addon.