Idea Something to fix this graphical oversight..

Keatah

Reaction score
..that happens when docking. Something that would show both values without overlapping. The numbers could be dynamically repositioned to offer the best view without making a cluttered mess. Perhaps a patch? Or something in the next version of orbiter?

Attachments

• not_ok.jpg
    not_ok.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 54
  • recommended.jpg
    recommended.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Or you could try Axial MFD? Doesn't the Dock MFD also display those values?

Scarecrow

Reaction score
he should not be pointing the + sign towards the station, but to the end of the docking path
I never point towards the end of the path. In fact, I never line up more than 3 boxes out, unless something very special is going on. In any case, When you're farther away, the path is so small compared to the box that the numbers overlap anyway. I think a better way to do it would be to have the labels for the position indicator on the top and bottom, and the labels for the velocity indicator on the right and left. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be better. And while we're at it, what about a -position indicator? It would be really useful when braking with the main engines.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
And while we're at it, what about a -position indicator? It would be really useful when braking with the main engines.
You have a +V and -V indicator which is really more critical. So if you are coming in really fast and need to null relative velocity with the mains, use those.