Misc Sleepy Vessels - Runway landing stabilization

Marijn

Reaction score
That's rude. But go ahead with smashing your planes into runways and think thats the proper way to do it.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Indeed the landings are a bit too fast, but since Orbiter has no proper crash management, I don't have a problem with this add-on.

But may I suggest a option to customize speed limits in order to suit all usage cases ?

Majid

Reaction score
Indeed the landings are a bit too fast, but since Orbiter has no proper crash management, I don't have a problem with this add-on.

But may I suggest a option to customize speed limits in order to suit all usage cases ?

Speed limits for what is considered a "landed" vessel? Yes, what would you suggest? Max airspeed/vertical velocity? Any other useful parameters?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So does the vessel have to have brakes? I am thinking On a vessel like the Space1999 Eagles. They move all over the pad at Cape Canaveral.

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com

@jacquesmomo - How are you using The DC-6 of Tintin on the Moon ? It relies on spacecraft3 which doesn't work with 2016 I thought?
Spacecraft 3 and 4 works fine exept for Rolling....
'I tried with SC3 and SC4 : same.
I tested this plane because it is my creation.....:stirpot:

SC4 works with Orbiter 2016 (not perfect but works), the main problem being sinking vessels, because the old landing points don't generate a stable rest state.
Same with SC3....

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Speed limits for what is considered a "landed" vessel? Yes, what would you suggest? Max airspeed/vertical velocity? Any other useful parameters?

:thumbup:

» Separate airspeed and vertical velocity into two parameters to suit winged vessels, capsules, landers, etc.
» Add a parameter to activate stabilization always, or only when brakes are used.
» Perhaps add a "name" parameter to limit the effect to a single vessel.

dr_snekkyl

Reaction score
Does anybody else have a variation on the problem described in this thread where: a landed deltaglider on KSC runway 33 sinks into the runway on landing? I find that on touchdown the craft seems to meet the ground slightly under the runway. Sometimes this magically corrects itself before wheelstop but sometimes not. Sometimes after complete wheelstop the spacecraft will snap to a position a couple of metres in the air and stay parked, applying thrust causes it to drop back onto the runway, when the vehicle stops the same thing will happen after several seconds.

What really confuses me is that I can't seem to reproduce the exact bug, but its similar stuff happening each time and it sounds similar to issues others have mentioned here.