Question Shuttle Fleet V4.1.9(?)

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Okay, so I've updated the shuttle fleet dll to improve the launch autopilot and allow for ascent to 600 km on launch (in prep for STS-125; ascent target is ~550 km).

Here's my problem: do I update the full package, or just release another "service pack" with the updated dll? Or, do I just release the updated dll as part of the update to the Expansion pack (which I'm ready to release this weekend if I have all the necessary STS-125 payloads to include)? Past experience tells me that someone will complain no matter what I do, so what do you, the end-users, want? No answers from anyone will make this easy; on the other hand if only one or two users answer, you'll get your way! :rofl:

Dave

myles

Reaction score
I say for just the DLL. Why wait if it's already ready? Love your Shuttle Fleet and every update!

E

ex-orbinaut

This is one of my favorite add ons. Whatever adds the new characteristics without detracting anything from what is already there is good.

xmariox

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think service pack with updated .DLL should be ok for this situation... :)

kino_astroboy

Orbinaut-in-Training
Reaction score
Okay, so I've updated the shuttle fleet dll to improve the launch autopilot and allow for ascent to 600 km on launch (in prep for STS-125; ascent target is ~550 km).

Here's my problem: do I update the full package, or just release another "service pack" with the updated dll? Or, do I just release the updated dll as part of the update to the Expansion pack (which I'm ready to release this weekend if I have all the necessary STS-125 payloads to include)? Past experience tells me that someone will complain no matter what I do, so what do you, the end-users, want? No answers from anyone will make this easy; on the other hand if only one or two users answer, you'll get your way! :rofl:

Dave

Awesome Dave! Now I could recreate STS-31 and all the SMs. Keep up the good work! :speakcool:

DoyleChris

Reaction score
For me do a v4.1.9 update with the dll, and have the Expansion pack for all the payloads and missions, so you keep a clean shuttle config for 4.1.9 and updates (STS missions and Payloads ) in the expansion pack.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score

Dave

How about updating the full package AND releasing the .dll with the expansion pack?

That way, we regulars don't have to download an entire new Shuttle Fleet package just for one .dll, but new users won't have to download multiple packages either?

-Pete

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just the dll works fine for me !
Love your fleet ( fly nothing else myself).
BTW are you working on a STS-125 scenerio ?

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
I usually prefer to have everything in one package. I don't really like downloading an addon and additional updates.

Think of the people who just started with orbiter and haven't installed the wonderful shuttle fleet, yet. They get confused when they just download the (supposedly) newer version, just to find out that it doesn't work because they downloaded just the update and not the needed package.

I like to keep a basic collection of addons in a special folder. So whenever I want to set up a new and clean Orbiter installation, I don't really want to care about the order in which I have to install my addons.

just my 2 cents...

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Updating addons, is a fact of life with Orbiter. Newbies beware !!

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Service Pack 2 (SP2) has now been released. Please read the updated manual and the included Readme file for the update.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3744"]Shuttle Fleet V4.1.9 (SP2)[/ame]

Last edited: