News Seven killed in Quebec City plane crash

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yet another sad news for me, personally... CADORS number: 2010Q1242

Dominique was the chief flight instructor at the flight school I'm getting my PPL at, and albeit young (less than 40 years old), he was an absolute gentleman and showed a level of calmness and professionalism that shows in his last communications with ATC.

The King Air 100 he was flying as co-pilot for a business flight operated by a sister company of the flight school which is under the same umbrella lost it's right engine shortly after take-off, and they crashed 2 nm beyond the runway threshold from which they had just taken off...

They did have time to declare an emergency, request rescue on landing, and also state that they could not climb on the remaining engine. It's chilling to hear his voice state the obvious in such a calm way.

What this leaves me to believe is that maybe the right engine failed catastrophically, like [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Southeast_Airlines_Flight_529"]ASA 529[/ame], or in some other manner that caused loss of power in the remaining engine... Aside from fuel contamination, I don't see how this could be possible...

Needless to say, we are all in a state of shock... this sucks profoundly to loose one close to her commercial license certification and to loose the chief instructor in two unrelated* accidents within the same group.

*I'll grant that 2 crashes involving engine failures within the same business seems at first suspicious, but let's not forget that on one hand, it is a single-engine fixed prop Cessna 172 and on the other a twin-engine complex turboprop.

Last edited: