Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com
Being a server supporter:

!! = admin messages

!! Open up putty, (It's in the server/windows) folder. then connect to me at port 1515 , and type assign admin <password>
!! Check everyone that is idling with "dump connections"
!! Type "leave <user> <password>"

1. People don't need to forward the ports themselves when using the standard option in the network tab
then they will be forwarded through nat with their router

*some can try this several times before it works, and it can take up to a minute before the synching takes place.

!! and the port information have to be refreshed, that means you must clear them up when they leave

2. If they can't get synched like that. ask them to forward the ports and also use the custom option
(A idea is to ask if they are familiar about routers first, if not, then refer them to the manual/help of their router)

Then they would also have to try and forward that specific port they choose first
(Wanted would be one udp port within the range of 1500-2999)

3. If that doesn't work, ask them to forward port 3000-3500
and also if that doesn't work, ask them to open up the ports in the windows firewall

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/album.php?albumid=237 <- i have made some pictures here for them

*it needs to be updated, so there are some errors

This is how to set up a server:

I had to make a thing in the windows registry. look at the error output(as it comes from console).
and then copy some files from the orbsdk samples
and then configure it on the top lines of server.xml so that it shows toward the orbit directory
you all need this one also: http://bitbucket.org/face/omp/downloads/Orbiter.Multiplayer.Server.dll
replace it in the server/.. folders
there was something with the language settings also(now fixed).
you needed to go into the orbdir/modules/plugin/dotnet and copy over the orbiter.multiplayer.dll into the orbdir/server/... dirs

Hope this helps. You may setup a server for to have as backup, if i move or die. Also I will forward the current url toward the backup server if that were to be the case(if capable).

If anyone of you would like anything of these to be changed. Please contact me about it. I will atleast Perfect the support checklist.
I would also be glad to hear about ideas that could make it all easier for everyone.

Good luck.