Software Screen flashes now and then when running Orbiter

Jacques Lees

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Orbi-nauts, I'm running Orbiter 2006 P1 on Vista with an ATI HD card. The program works fine but the screen flashes now and then and sometime it's so frequent that it become annoying. Sometime it's the upper part of the screen, sometime lower part, and sometime the whole screen. I've tried every options in the Video tab, other resolutions, copied 3 dlls into the main root, but the problem is always there. I'm using a clean orbiter with no addon except Orbiter Sound 3.5 and L10 meshes, seemed like the first time orbiter runs there is no flashes, it only happened after the first boot. Anyone get any ideas? It's frustrating always be disturbed running such a wonderful program...:(

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
To quote from another thread:
I have seen white flashes when running in full-screen mode when other applications that update the display are also running (e.g., the sidebar). I don't get flashes in windowed mode, however. The full-screen flashes cleared up when I closed the sidebar and all other windows that update the screen. If you still get white flashes in full-screen mode after that, try closing the sidebar and rebooting. Then don't open any windows except Orbiter and try it again.

Jacques Lees

Reaction score
Well, believe it or not it seems the problem is solved after I turned off the sidebar! Thank you so much TSPenguin and dbeachy! I can never imagine the solution could be this easy. Flawless! Thanks again my friends!! :speakcool: :cheers: