News S☫heil_Esy's Letter To Roscosmos

Soheil_Esy

Fazanavard فضانورد
Reaction score
Deputy Prime Minister of Russia. Deputy Head of the Military-Industrial Commission.

Subject: Roscosmos' Pacific coast Kuril–Kamchatka Trench Vozrozhdeniye (Rebirth) permanent base

Sohae, 1st February 2016

Dear Deputy Prime Minister,

Instead of mulling extravagant and unrealistic Moon base, Russia's Roscosmos should first develop a manned permanent undersea station immediately offshore along the Pacific coast of the Kamchatka Peninsula, on the floor of the 10,500-metre deep Kuril–Kamchatka Trench.

This project would be cheaper and easier, while bringing only slightly less prestige than the lunar extravaganza. Scientific and economic payoffs could be huge.

Natural resources on the ocean floor includes polymetallic nodules, while hydrothermal vents create sulfide deposits, which contain valuable metals such as silver, gold, copper, manganese, cobalt, and zinc.

Hydrothermal vents reaching temperatures of more than 400 °C could offer a source of energy for running the base once harnessed.

Unlike the Moon and Mars, the ocean floor yields nourishing seafood too.

Expansion of the base in size and population would be facilitated by the proximity to the mainland Russia, with a one way trip taking only a few hours.

And no need to spend more than 80% of the mass in fuel, as the payload will sink by itself! The eventual return trip to the surface is basically based on buoyancy thus consuming little energy too.

The invaluable experience gained would also benefit any future Roscosmos manned base on extraterrestrial world with liquid surface or underground such as Jupiter's Moon Europa!

underwater-base-992x405.jpg

For illustration only. Vozrozhdeniye (Rebirth) Kuril–Kamchatka Trench permanent base

Waiting for your kind feedback.
Thank you for your attention.

Yours faithfully,

S☫heil_Esy

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm wondering what seafood on the floor of a 10,500m trench next to hydrothermal vents would taste like. Can't imagine it would be tasty though.

Cool project, but not as sexy as a moonbase.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
If I were Roscosmos, I'd do it.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I'm wondering what seafood on the floor of a 10,500m trench next to hydrothermal vents would taste like. Can't imagine it would be tasty though.

Cool project, but not as sexy as a moonbase.

Like my last girlfriend: it doesn't have to be sexy, it just has to work:lol: