RIP Richard Kiel "Jaws"

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Richard Kiel, best known as Jaws in two James Bond movies, passed away today at 74:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/james-bond-villain-richard-kiel-dies-at-74-97180613087.html

My favorite Bond villain, campy as he was he was awesome. The scene where he falls into a tank of sharks and bites the sharks is classic.

I also saw him in Pale Rider, The Longest Yard, Happy Gilmore, and he was the alien in the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man", one of my favorite eps.

RIP Jaws!

iu

Beavis

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear this. Really nice guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him back in 1999, and he was already having some health problems then, in particular he either couldn't walk at all or could only walk poorly. In any case he spent the entire time seated. Other than that, he seemed to be doing well enough, but that's been fifteen years ago. Oh well ... :(

-- EDIT: I got my dates mixed up, it was 2002.

Last edited:

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think he got in a car accident taht screwed up his hip or something. In the 90s movie Happy Gilmore he was using a cane, although they tried to hide it in the movie.

E

ex-orbinaut

Aw, that's too bad. Sorry to learn of this. RIP.

Anyone ever saw "The Humanoid"?

:lol: I could not sit through it, unfortunately, even then.

I do remember him in Force 10 from Navarone, though. There was one scene in that film where a tank or half track commander's head gets taken off with a cheese-wire across the road. A Swedish friend and I must have replayed that scene a dozen times on the old Betamax before we let the rest of the film continue. :)

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
From Happy Gilmour:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwpXT0J-yA"]Guns Don't Kill People, I Kill People - Happy Gilmore - YouTube[/ame]