Refuelling

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
Is there a way you can refuel on Orbiter? I've looked through all the documentation and can't find a way to, but surely you can?
I recently started playing Orbiter and have just managed to begin consistently docking with the ISS, but I was wondering if you could refuel at the ISS so you can stay in space and perhaps go straight to Mir for example. By the time I've docked, I only have about 20% fuel left which obviously isn't enough.
So, is there a button or shortcut to refuel when at a space station?
Thanks for any help, and sory if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Chipstone306

Reaction score
What are you using to dock? If you are using the delta glider 3 There is some great information in the pdf's . You can always use scenario edit to add fuel .

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
If you want to be realistic, with the defalt DG you only really refuel on the ground, unless of course you use fuel MFD where you can siphon from the ISS (ISS has limited fuel (500 KG I think), but hey, thats more realistic;)) Anouther alternative, is to launch the Space shuttle with the shiny tank addon, and you can dock the dg with this tank and use fuel MFD to load the tank's fuel, to yours. (I like this, its fun)

Of course you could be unrealistic, and just use the senario editer and load up on fuel. (its alot more fun to do it the other way, its more chalanging, and that makes it a bigger achievement when you are succsessfull.;))
PS, you could just set your ship to be docked with the MIR or whatever you want... but only if you want to be unrealistic.;)

happy flying :cheers:

edit, dont try to dock to anything thats in the atmosphere, you usually get weird results :lol:

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you upgrade to the DGIV, it has refueling available on the cockpit panel. Once you are docked, and you see you have fuel pressure, just open the valve and refuel. Cross feed into the RCS to top that up as well. You can do the same with life support (O2 and N). If you have landed at a base, open the fuel hatch first, wait for pressure, then refill. You will hear, but not see, a fuel truck if you are in an atmopshere.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
If you browse Orbit Hanger you'll find some addons created specifically for this as well. I haven't got around to installing any yet, but it's definitely on my list of things to do.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, I'll probably go for the MFD addon. I'd use the DGIV, but then I'd have to dock again. Currently I have a quicksave with the default DG at the ISS and was hoping to just refuel there then carry on, rather than starting a new scenario.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
I was looking at the Orbiter Hanger website, but I couldn't find any MFD's for refueling, can anybody provide me with a link. Thanks.
Oh, and it was also mentioned that realistically the DG can only refuel on the ground - do you also need an add on for that or not?
I'm just looking to download any sort of addon that allows me to get fuel from another ship. ie. if I were to dock with another DG or any other spacecraft or space station, I want to be able to take some of its fuel.
Thanks again for any help.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I was looking at the Orbiter Hanger website, but I couldn't find any MFD's for refueling, can anybody provide me with a link. Thanks.
Oh, and it was also mentioned that realistically the DG can only refuel on the ground - do you also need an add on for that or not?
I'm just looking to download any sort of addon that allows me to get fuel from another ship. ie. if I were to dock with another DG or any other spacecraft or space station, I want to be able to take some of its fuel.
Thanks again for any help.

I know when you land at a base like at cape, then the Dg should auto refuel, as long as you are completely stopped. not so sure about anywhere else though (middle of ocean ext.;))

The author of the addon must have removed it, but this link should work->
http://members.fortunecity.com/tjohns/FuelMFD-031129.zip

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My Jumbo Tanker addon: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3105"]Jumbo Tanker v1.0[/ame]

Here is a download link to the Fuel Management MFD.

Here is my [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2650"]Simple Tank Payload (aka "Shiny Tank")[/ame]. This one is small enough to launch with a space shuttle, the Jumbo Tanker requires a monster Nova rocket, but it provides a lot more reloads of fuel.

countofio

Reaction score
I recently discovered this game and was wondering the same. Particularly for the dg to the moon tutorial which says you can refuel at Brighton Beach and fly to Mars. I'd prefer to go to Mercury:beach:, but anyway. It probably sat there for half an hour while I looked through the docs that came with orbiter, no fuel. any Ideas? I'd rather put off getting the station refuel addon till later. Or better, find a realistic station that's specifically designed to refuel.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I recently discovered this game and was wondering the same. Particularly for the dg to the moon tutorial which says you can refuel at Brighton Beach and fly to Mars. I'd prefer to go to Mercury:beach:, but anyway. It probably sat there for half an hour while I looked through the docs that came with orbiter, no fuel. any Ideas? I'd rather put off getting the station refuel addon till later. Or better, find a realistic station that's specifically designed to refuel.

All you have to do is stop on one of the pads at Brighton and then it should refuel. If nothing else, you could just go to the senario editer and add fuel.

:welcome:

:cheers:

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Or, for something completely different. Strap your DG onto Yuri Kulchitsky's TX winged booster and get yourself into a low (180-200km) orbit, release your DG, then raise your orbit up to the stations.