ReFuel Ganymede Base UPDATE!

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ReFuel-Ganymede.jpg

My surface base for Ganymede is almost done. ReFuel, (Rocket Engine Fuels L.L.C) which is sort of a truckstop in the stars will be opening bases ALL over the solar system is starting in the Jupiter system. Their Corporate Headquaters, located in Tucson, Arizona USA is still under construction

Now have I missed something about starting an orbiterhangar.com account so I can upload me base? I have sent the admin an e-mail but I just do not see a button anywhere on the site... :(

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
View attachment 1236

My surface base for Ganymede is almost done. ReFuel, (Rocket Engine Fuels L.L.C) which is sort of a truckstop in the stars will be opening bases ALL over the solar system is starting in the Jupiter system. Their Corporate Headquaters, located in Tucson, Arizona USA is still under construction

Now have I missed something about starting an orbiterhangar.com account so I can upload me base? I have sent the admin an e-mail but I just do not see a button anywhere on the site... :(

Try the button that says "Register"

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try the button that says "Register"

Wow, what a concept... You know for some reason I just never saw it until now. I am registered and I am uploaded... Just waiting for approval from the admin.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
The first add-on you upload to OH takes at least 24 hours for the admin to approve it. After that, any more add-ons you upload just takes a few minutes to hours before approval and then being available to others to download.

:cheers:

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The first add-on you upload to OH takes at least 24 hours for the admin to approve it. After that, any more add-ons you upload just takes a few minutes to hours before approval and then being available to others to download.

:cheers:

Opened an account and then uploaded the base. Now I am just waiting

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
it took my mars rover about a day

Last edited:

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ReFuel Ganymede can be download from orbiter hangar at
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3554"]ReFuel Ganymede[/ame]

Kinda cool to see that 34 people have already downloaded it.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I actualy downloaded it as soon as I could but I'm still playin catch up with all the hurricane power outages we've had here lately. I'm gonna try to get the base installed today if the power doesn't go out on me YET AGAIN.
It looks good from the screen caps.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Could I upload a scenario file with this base at orbithangar?

Sure, knock yourself out let me know when it is posted so I can download it myself. If I improve the base (eg add props, or improve textures, add to the main building, I would like to include it with the next release of the base if that would be ok...

In other news

My next planed ReFuel base was going to be on Titan. I have played around with placement of structures on the surface and been very displeased that they appear to be floating and/or seem to cut into the ground. I am looking for someone that would be interested in helping me by developing a surface mesh that I can use so shadows will be cast upon the ground as well as give some solidness to the base instead of that annoying floating effect. It can be flat, or 3d... Inspired by real images of the surface of Titan or fiction. If your interested please please reply.

Current plans are up in the air for a theme on the next one. ReFuel may be in the Helium-3 mining operations somewhere on the Moon, or maybe Mars at this point because of the Titan Problems.

Future bases I would like design and release one day would have animations and such, if such a thing is possible. My current theory on this is that if I was skilled enough to create something such as DanSteph's Prelude II bases the skys the limit. I also theorise that it would be possible to build such things as presurised hangars that if u piloted vehicles again such as Dan's DGIV, you could open the airlock doors and the vehicle would think it was on Earth. Atmosphere would be warm enough and have O2 in the air so maintence crews would not have to do delicate work on your craft wearing bulky space suits but just regular overalls. Driving your craft into one of these hangars then F3 over to it to cycle the craft though the airlock would imo be neato... I know that things are limited at this time without collision detection and if I understand this correctly, no standard for dealing with life support systems from one designer to another. Ummu is great for moving crew from a supporting ship to another and such. I will have to look into the Ummu data that Dan has released to devs to see EXACTLY how it works.

Corporate HQ on Earth is going to be BIG and complex. I am not confident in my skills to create what I see in my mind. And Earth is not hurting for any more bases I am sure.

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
The scenario will be available at www.orbithangar.com shortly, look for jdk12 that is my username there. and please look at some of my other scenarios and give me some reviews.

-----Posted Added-----

Here it is [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3565"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3565[/ame]

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
link to it [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3565"]Refuel Ganymede Scenario[/ame]

Rixile

Reaction score
I love this base, downloaded it.

By the way, does the base have self-sufficiency? Because i will sign up to do yearly delivers to the base including foods, etc.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I love this base, downloaded it.

By the way, does the base have self-sufficiency? Because i will sign up to do yearly delivers to the base including foods, etc.

Thx for the feedback about the base. I am glad to hear from one of the 146 people that have downloaded and enjoy it. I am surprised at how many people have downloaded it to date. I expected honestly like 50 max

As far as supplies, something that far out would need some level of self-sufficiency, but I am sure there are various deliveries of new hardware for the spaceport and upgrades to electronics. I've shot a few rockets towards Jupiter and ran the sim out so I could launch from the surface, retrieve the cargo as it floats around the Jovian system. I haven't done any manned missions out to the base yet, but I totally see the place crawling with miners from JMC all over the place, or even the base being used as a staging area for JMC. I actually haven't spent that much time around my base lately. Been working on getting the supplies rocketed up to the moon for the He-3 Mining operation that ReFuel is starting down in the southern hemisphere.

Perhapse this would be a good time for a 'Scenario Challenge'

Pick your cargo, and pick your launch vehicle, post on this thread what you transported to ReFuel Ganymede base. I have never flown a manned mission to Jupiter myself, but would be interested in reading about yours. For those that need some guidelines

ReFuel Ganymede Logistics Run Checksheet
Vehicle Used:
Cargo On Board:
Cargo Weight Transfered:
Launch Date/Time:
Jupiter Orbit Date/Time:
Ganymede Orbit Date/Time:
Base Touchdown Date/Time:
Any Additional moons in Jupiter orbit from the stock install?:

Pictures are always cool too look at and who knows, maybe someone here would like to build a JMC mining operation out here on one of the other moons. Jupiter have over 60 objects in orbit around it of various masses. I have installed i beleve 62 total moons. Launching from the base to say Io is quite a challenge and quite a few correction burns...

Rixile

Reaction score
I will try it.

However i am not exactly great at transferring to other planets/moons/satellites.

I am still a Orbiter noob, but in the future i will start doing it. :D

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
I'm not good at interplanetary travel either. I just use the scenario editor to bring me to a planet. Sorry I haven't been typing in a while, my computer crashed and I just got it restarted. Had to redownload orbiter to.