Problem reciving error message for satsat.dll

marcoplesnicar

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
i have a problem while launching orbiter: when it comes to the point of loading the saturn's moons appears a message stating that's it's impossible to find
??OSTAOBJ@@QAE@PAXHN@Z from dynamic link Satsat.dll.
Does anybaody knows how can solve the problem since i can't load any saturn moon but for Hyperion?
marco

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
that sort of error normally occurs when a dll has been compiled against a newer version of orbiter and you have an older one, e.g. you have orbiter 2010 but the dll has been compiled against 2010P1.

What addon has the satsat.dll?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I would suggest replacing the satsat.dll you have with a clean copy from the appropriate Orbiter package for your version. I assure you the release versions do not have linker issues with them and I recall some time ago a third-part satsat.dll which caused major issues being bundled with an addon, but can't remember which addon.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I remember that Deepstar had a replacement dll for one of the outer planets so that could be it?

marcoplesnicar

Reaction score
it was deepstar add-on indeed. with the original file it works perfectly, thank you.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Given that this problem seems to show up repeatedly, is there a way to mark this addon as incompatible with Orbiter 2010 on orbithangar, to avoid future recurrences?

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
Given that this problem seems to show up repeatedly, is there a way to mark this addon as incompatible with Orbiter 2010 on orbithangar, to avoid future recurrences?

My apologies, a new version has been on my to-do list for a long time and these problems had escaped my attention.

I'm away from home until late September so I've simply removed the add-on from Orbit Hangar. At least that will put an end to these recurring reports. I'll re-upload a new version upon my return.

Last edited:

CaptnDave

Reaction score
Thanks 80MilesHigh for working on this. Unfortunately for me, it comes after my hard-drive died and I'm reinstalling all my addons. Now I have to wait until September to get the epic Deepstar... I suppose I can survive until then unless someone could send me theirs?