Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
QRspJxxhIui5i.gif

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
So, I've been using MshMaker to convert .3ds to .msh, but it's somewhat inconsistent AND sometimes the "output" file crashes Orbiter when I try to run a object with that .msh file.

I'm trying to use Urwumpe's Anim8or plug-in, but I can't seem to find its Orbiter Forum thread, so I don't know how to integrate it into Anim8or.

Any help/advice?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So, I've been using MshMaker to convert .3ds to .msh, but it's somewhat inconsistent AND sometimes the "output" file crashes Orbiter when I try to run a object with that .msh file.

I'm trying to use Urwumpe's Anim8or plug-in, but I can't seem to find its Orbiter Forum thread, so I don't know how to integrate it into Anim8or.

Any help/advice?

Create folder for scripts inside anim8or's folder. Put there animator to msh export script file. Then open configuration program and enter path to it and check "Preload scripts" checkbox. Then restart anim8or and msh export script will be preloaded and available from Object -> Export dialog.

anim8or_scr.jpg

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are there any phone geeks here? I have a problem with my phone, and I can't quite tell whether it's a hardware or a software problem.

It's an Xperia Play, so it's a slide open phone, which is in this case very relevant. So here's the problem (reproduces 100%):

Problem:
When the phone is slid shut, the display won't turn on when pressing the responsible hardware button.

I know that the touchscreen unlocks, because I can unlock the phone despite the display being dark (muscle memory FTW!).

I know that the display works flawlessly, as it switches on when I slide the phone open. I can then slide the phone shut again and the display keeps working without a hitch.

I know that the hardware button works at least when the phone is slid open, since I can turn the display on and off with it if the phone is slid open. Also, as mentioned, the touchscreen goes active on pressing the hardware button, so the button itself can't be the problem in either case.

If I push the hardware button when the phone is shut (display doesn't turn on, but should) and then slide the phone open, the display still doesn't turn on. This is probably the weirdest thing, as the phone obviously thinks that the display is already running and therefore doesn't trigger the command from the slide-switch, indicating that the command to switch on the display has indeed been received, but not properly executed.

I don't know what is handled by what exactly in a phone. The circumstances are clear: The command from the hardware button isn't properly processed if the phone is slid shut. The last point in the list seems to indicate that the command gets processed, but for some reason the display won't come on.

So yeah, I can still use the phone. The only question really is, does this look like a software or a hardware problem to you??
Last time that happened with my Xperia Z2 is because a battery saver app controlled the CPU clock to force it into sleep mode when screen was turned off. Although this would happen quite rarely, the only soluton to it was a reboot. I could as well unlock the phone and perform tasks normally.
Although to control CPUs you have to have your ROM rooted, which I think you don't have, but I'm pointing that out just in case.
My guess would be to check for any battery saver app and look into their settings for something similar (some versions of Android allow control of CPU without root). Unless the display doesn't even turn on anymore, then that's more likely a hardware problem.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Just one? :p

Kidding aside, yesterday there was a special edition of a popular Italian talk-show (not really, but somewhat similar format) with an added half-hour special dedicated to Samantha Cristoforetti's launch today, and all six previous Italian astronaus had been invited and were present.
Somehow our Spacecraft Attitude professor managed to snag a number of audience places for us, so at the end, despite the TV studio's security guards not being too happy we managed to snag this picture:
NTm3odV.jpg

It was after Maurizio Cheli, Roberto Vittori and Umberto Guidoni already left the studio, but from left to right: Luca Parmitano, Franco Malerba (first Italian astronaut) and Paolo Nespoli, who we already met two and a half years ago. :)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Well, if you want to get home you'd better go out and push. :)

Apparently the landing gear froze due to an incorrectly selected grease type.
Got to be careful below solid-vodka temperatures.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Four days off, and nothing to do except play Orbiter:

...maybe unplug the phone, just in case.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"Unplug the phone" is another one of those phrases nobody gets a hundred years from now.

Probably because the "phone" will be implanted in your cranium, and illegal to tamper with...(in keeping with the dystopian future theme of my avatar).

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
"Unplug the phone" is another one of those phrases nobody gets a hundred years from now.

One hundred years from now? I'm afraid we're much closer than that. Today 50% of people think "Why stop charging your phone?".

100 years ago people were still trying to figure out how aeroplanes work.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Got Falcons tickets really cheap for this Sunday's game. Not bad for 11 dollars...

Tony Trout

Reaction score

Hey, guys!!!!

Would someone help me with how to put an avatar below my username????

Take Care,
Tony Trout