Humor Random Comments Thread

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That sidebar thing tells me that it's snowing... at 8°C...
20120604031048000.jpg

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
June bugs. :rolleyes:

I swear, they have got to be the stupidest flying insect I've ever had the chance to witness. When they're not aimlessly buzzing around and crashing into anything nailed down or otherwise, they're constantly exhibiting their ineptitude at landing and remaining upright.

Just now I saw a cadre of them buzzing around the deck light. There was one glued to my screen door, and I swear I saw a pair of light batons in its forward appendages and a radio headset attached to its head.

Just to be sure, I looked at another one, looking like it was coming in for a landing. The one observing, on the door, looked upset as communication was obviously not taking place:

"No-- left. Left! Now back to the right . . . now back to the left . . . higher . . . higher . . . :censored:, wave off! Eject, eject, eject!"

. . . Sure. The step on the deck was a great landing site, but that landing was a real crusher, and was all that flopping around to get back upright worth the effort? :rolleyes:

(This amusing? anecdote brought to you by late Spring weather with a lot of rainfall in the last few weeks.)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I just read the most amazing Reddit comment ever. Sadly, the content prevents me from posting it here...two hints though; German foreign exchange student, and /r/bestof ;)

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
on a semi-related note, im sure some of our female orbinauts would certainly kiss that cook....:p
Uh - I'm good..... Garyw is the only space mad geek I fancy kissing, and astronauts don't tend to do it for women...not entirely sure why though.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Uh - I'm good..... Garyw is the only space mad geek I fancy kissing, and astronauts don't tend to do it for women...not entirely sure why though.
Actually, I would think being an astronaut is a pretty sexy job. But possibly the problem is the same one with fighter pilots: many women fear to get into a committed relationship with someone who might not be alive in a few days;)

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5740"]Equator Base[/ame]
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4428"]UCGO demolition charge[/ame]
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5729"]Carl Sagan Space Center (Banaba Island)[/ame]

Nice job web-people! Auto-parsing of Orbithangar links - how long have we had that? :thumbup: