Support Question about Antares 2.0 Capsule

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Question about the Antares Capsule.
Is there any way of changing the power level of the landing door engines of the Antares Capsule ?
I'm trying to use this capsule as a Mars landing vehicle and have the landing engines function as a way to return to low Mars orbit ?

Shouldn't be too hard to change some numbers right ?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Actually; you can make a beautiful landing on Mars with the Antares Caspule by using the chute's.
It also looks like the engines are powerfull enough to lift off from the surface but you simply run out of fuel before reaching Orbit.
So all I would have to know how to do is to change the fuel level for the Retro- engines.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

marsw.jpg

See; Beautifull Mars Landing Vehicle.
If we can now just get rid of the chutes and have anough fuel to lift off into orbit we'll have a great re-usable Mars lander !

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with your question, but I thought EVA on the Antares capsule was restricted after touchdown of the capsule?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Interesting idea taking the Antares down to the Martian surface. May I ask how you got it to Mars? I am thinking that the only real believable way to get an Antares off of Mars would be to have a lander module that can store a bit more fuel. The Antares doesn't really look to have much room to store any more fuel. It barely has enough as it is to use for de-orbit and land landing brake.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with your question, but I thought EVA on the Antares capsule was restricted after touchdown of the capsule?

I use the "Orlan EVA control" MFD and then change the cfg. and mesh. files to a different Space-suit that renders itself for planetary EVA's.
This way you can EVA from ANY vehicle in ANY situation.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Interesting idea taking the Antares down to the Martian surface. May I ask how you got it to Mars? I am thinking that the only real believable way to get an Antares off of Mars would be to have a lander module that can store a bit more fuel. The Antares doesn't really look to have much room to store any more fuel. It barely has enough as it is to use for de-orbit and land landing brake.

Maybe if it was piggy backed on a larger vehicle...

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
Would the thrust power not be in the cfg? Can't you just modify that?

EDIT: Can you send me a link to that EVA control, I cant find it for the life of me.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks mate, this'll work perfect for my station building.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Antares is not designed to land on Mars surface. You cannot change thrust or fuel level, this kind of things are set in the DLL files.. I'm sorry!

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Antares is not designed to land on Mars surface. You cannot change thrust or fuel level, this kind of things are set in the DLL files.. I'm sorry!

Well,.........since I already landed the Antares on the Mars surface using regular re-entry as well as the chutes I beg to differ.
I am also able to take off from the surface and return to orbit using the retro-trusters and "unlimited fuel" setting.
Looks like we've got ourselves a Mars lander here ( eventhough it wasn't designed to do this ):cheers:

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
Well,.........since I already landed the Antares on the Mars surface using regular re-entry as well as the chutes I beg to differ.
I am also able to take off from the surface and return to orbit using the retro-trusters and "unlimited fuel" setting.
Looks like we've got ourselves a Mars lander here ( eventhough it wasn't designed to do this ):cheers:

Unlimited fuel and the power of imagination xD

Interceptor

Reaction score
I use the "Orlan EVA control" MFD and then change the cfg. and mesh. files to a different Space-suit that renders itself for planetary EVA's.
This way you can EVA from ANY vehicle in ANY situation.
I downloaded the orlan space suit add-on from the provided link and read the post on it's website on where to put the provided orlan.dll in orbiter root modules plugin,and then, I check orlan in the modules tab,but when I go to the scenarios provided with the add-on there is no mfd,and the orlan suit is invisable help please! I would really find this add-on helpful.Thanks