Problem with LOLA MFD and Land MFD

yakyak

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm having a problem with LOLA MFD and Land MFD (latest versions). I'm trying to land Apollo 11 (Project Apollo 6.4.3) on Tranquility Base and when the LM gets very close to the surface it starts to roll and pitch wildly until running out of fuel. I have tried both LOLA MFD and Land MFD and they both exibit the same behaviour.

Initially I though it may be my orbit may be out or something else I had done in getting to the moon but I have confirmed this behaviour with the Apollo 11 scenario "Apollo 11 Lunar Landing - Preparing for PDI".

Can anyone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong here.

TIA

Nick

A quick update...I tried one of the scenarios that came with Land MFD and this worked just fine, must be something in what I'm doing regardign the Apollo scenario. Any help would be much appreciated....

Last edited:

yakyak

Reaction score
All,
Problem finally solved....There was an error in one element of the LM Checklists. Both MFD's work just right now.

Nick

djidji

Reaction score
would you mind telling me what part was wrong I have the exact same problem with lola mfd. I'd like to know what part of the checklist I missed

yakyak

Reaction score
Djidji,
Sorry for the late reply. Hope this helps.

The Checklist states that in Panel 3 the "ENG GMBL" should be switched to "ENABLE".

It should be swiched to "ON".

NIck