Problem Pluto-Charon v2.0 Missing Mesh

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I recently downloaded and installed Pluto-Charon v2.0 and for the most part it works just fine. However, whenever I try to view Charon Base, I get a CTD due to a missing mesh, specifically satdish2.msh.

Does anyone know where I can find this mesh?

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Does the read me say to download any extra addons? Make sure you read it.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I did read the readme and added all of the add-ons that it said to. Neither Equatorial Bases nor Mars 2060 contain satdish2.msh.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I'll try it and see if that happens to me.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mars 2060 is version 1.2 and Equatorial Bases does not have a version number, if it helps.

Unrelated, but I noticed that the Phobos bases that Mars 2060 adds are below the rendered surface. Was this intended?

Mafuskas

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That is strange. I have used all three add-ons in the past, and I remembe Pluto-Charon v2.0 working for me. It has been several years, but I can distinctly remember adding that line and the add-on working, and I think I can also recollect seeing the mesh in one of the add-ons, for sure. I downloaded them just now to check, but I do not see it. I am very confident my memory is correct on this, so I am quite confused about it.

I wish I could help more, but short of altering the base's config file and commenting out the dish's info, or maybe better, replacing the name of the mesh with another dish you have in your meshes directory, I'm afraid I'm lost on this.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is the mesh in an older version of Orbiter?

In the mean time, I'll see if I can't something to use in place of satdish2.msh.

Nighthawke

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I placed a patch on Orbithangar to resolve this very issue. You may be happy to know that Pluto-Charon 3.0 (to include Nix, Hydra and expansions to Kelvin Base and Charon Outpost) is currently in the works. I expect beta release within the next couple of weeks.

Cordially,
Nighthawke

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I must have missed that one.

Link for anyone else who needs it: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1811"]link[/ame].

Thank you for pointing that out. I look forward to seeing the next version.

EDIT: However, the AFarm1 is floating above the surface. Changing the second POS value to 28 in the Charon_Outpost.cfg file puts it firmly on the ground, though.

Last edited:

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And so you can. Thanks for pointing that out, wovik.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I placed a patch on Orbithangar to resolve this very issue. You may be happy to know that Pluto-Charon 3.0 (to include Nix, Hydra and expansions to Kelvin Base and Charon Outpost) is currently in the works. I expect beta release within the next couple of weeks.

Cordially,
Nighthawke

Nice. Looking forward to that.