New Release OrcusPatera Mars base with many features

Well

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
Orcus Patera is a fictionnal base located on Mars, it include many oustanding features.
By Well and Dansteph

302-15_gallery1.jpg

Download link

To run this addon you'll need the following:
Universal Cars and Cargo for Orbiter (UCGO)
DeltaGliderIV
DX9 or DX11 clients for Orbiter (Not mandatory but give a better visual result, use the latest version)

Note: To have the wheel dust feature and good position of cargo that will be available in UCGO 3.0 you can use the temporary patch available here: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=448379#post448379

Features

Stunning ground meshes and textures
5 new amazings UCGO cars (See scenario "[Cool] New ucgo cars")
AI trafics passing over the base. If you are lucky you can even see one ship doing a reentry at hight speed and high altitude. (Very long trail)
Animated Solar Cleaner (big yellow bar), you can see them slowly doing their job, you can even command them with a switch.
Animated Hangars door to safely park your favorite ship. Use a UMmu to command opening/closing of the doors.
Animated "Mining" train on the south of the base.
5 Factory that can produce 5 differents type of UCGO cargo (south of base)
Lighted Pad indicator, each free pad have white circle that become orange when the pad is busy (see at night for better effect)
Real local light that illuminate the landing area/ship. You must check in Orbiter's launchpad the - "local light" feature. On DX 7 even the ground is lighted, on DX9 this feature seem missing but still the landed ships will be illuminated at night.
Blinking light everywhere so ships doesn't collide with building at night.
Climatisation smoke exhaust coming from differents aeras. You can command them with a switch (if you can find it ;) )
On one of a building's side you have a "touristic" lift that goes up and down from time to time.
Somewhere around the base you have a crash scenery used in one of the scenario ("save the idiots")
4 New UCGO cargos types, two can spawn a rover, one cargo contain saussages (private author's joke) the last one contain sexy clothes. (see mission "Tidy Up")

302-15_gallery2.jpg

302-15_gallery3.jpg

302-15_gallery4.jpg

302-15_gallery5.jpg

302-15_gallery6.jpg

302-15_gallery7.jpg

302-15_gallery8.jpg

302-15_gallery9.jpg

The Real Orcus Patera on Mars

Orcus Patera is a region on the surface of the planet Mars. It is a depression about 380 km long, 140 km wide, and about 0.5 km (500 meters) deep but with a relatively smooth floor. It has a rim up to 1.8 km high. Orcus Patera is west of Mons Olympus and east of Elysium Mons. It is about half-way between those two volcanoes, and east and north of Gale crater. It has experienced aeolian processes, and has some small craters and graben structures. However, it is not known how the patera originally formed. Theories include volcanic, tectonic, or cratering events.

Mars Express observed this region in 2005, yielding a digital terrain model and color pictures.[Credit wikipedia]

Download link

MeeexC

Reaction score
First, I have to make you a great compliment for this add-on!

But I have a problem. First, the base seems to lie too deep. The texture of the planet flickers heavily around the base. I think this might be my Mars texture?Secondly, I have tried using the Arrow to land on one of the landing pads, but the Arrow orbiting the pad just endless without centering on it and landing.
Do you have any idea where this problem can fixed?

Thank you and again great job!

Max

----- Post added at Dec, 19, 22:58 UTC. The previous post was at Dec, 19, 21:47 UTC. -----

Okay, i tried on my one and there are no problems anymore ;-)

I had an beta of orbiter, because of trying out the D11 client. That was the problem, now i have a clean version with D9 and all my other add-ons and textures.

And that's why we call it beta ;-)

Pale Blue Dot

Reaction score
Well and Dan, you guys are awesome and this base is just stunning. Thanks again for all of your hard work putting this together for the community. :cheers:

vchamp

Reaction score
How do I disable UCGO cargoes production? After I requested some at the factory, it keeps creating more and more.
The base is very cool, btw. Thank you!