Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Is this a suggestion or something?

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have thought about this as well. It would be nice if people can access Orbiter-forums on a mobile app so they can view the posts anywhere they go. Although the game itself on a app is a bit unrealistic at this time. If anyone is starting a project on creating an app for orbiter-forums count me in! I am in school right now for web and mobile development.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...It would be nice if people can access Orbiter-forums on a mobile app so they can view the posts anywhere they go...
... Am I missing something?
Can't people already access OF with a mobile browser?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm posting this from my phone. What are we doing here?

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think what OP is trying to say is there should be a way to make orbiter forums more mobile friendly meaning the content can be structured in a more convenient way. I know you can access orbiter forums on your phone (I am writing this right now on my phone). But on my phone orbiter forums still is visible from a desktop perspective. Unless a mobile friendly option was already implemented that I am missing out on. Or maybe OP wasn't even referring to the forums. IDK what is going on anymore. Is there a mobile feature for orbiter forums?

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
There's an app called Tapatalk which works with OF, in addition to the mobile skin. The engine behind the site is quite old, from an era before mobile-first design was a thing.

Mipada

Reaction score
I know the feeling

No, I think the OP was saying s/he's like to play Orbiter from his/her mobile device. I would. The best you can do (how could you fit everything on one little screen) is to watch Youtube videos. KFC (?) to ISS is good. Or, I just found Atlantis to orbit. It would be cool if you could run autopilot scenarios. That said, taking out the DG and floating around in space or landing on the Moon would be cool.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
No, I think the OP was saying s/he's like to play Orbiter from his/her mobile device.
Hmmmmm.
Why not?

hm.jpg

( Context: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=587353&postcount=25188 ,
Something like that should also be practical in Orbiter using a custom graphics engine )

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
... of course you do, Artlav. I'm not even surprised.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
If Dr. Schweiger would make an Android or iOS version of Orbiter, he would then convert the 3D model to 2.5D model to compensate with the storage.
2.5D... what?
The two-and-a-half-dimensional (2.5D, alternatively three-quarter and pseudo-3D) perspective is either 2D graphical projections and similar techniques used to cause images or scenes to simulate the appearance of being three-dimensional (3D) when in fact they are not, or gameplay in an otherwise three-dimensional video game that is restricted to a two-dimensional plane with a limited access to the third dimension. By contrast, games using 3D computer graphics without such restrictions are said to use true 3D.
Common in video games, these projections have also been useful in geographic visualization (GVIS) to help understand visual-cognitive spatial representations or 3D visualization.
The terms three-quarter perspective and three-quarter view trace their origins to the three-quarter profile in portraiture and facial recognition, which depicts a person's face that is partway between a frontal view and a side view.
-Wikipedia​

Last edited: