Orbiter's Hard Coded Speed Limit ....

hypersonic

Ancient Starship
Reaction score
Was having a play with the superb & fun Blake's 7 DSV Liberator,
I tried to warp through Jupiter... As you do..

Anyway, i got spat out at a rate of knots that i have never seen before in Orbiter.
Basically, my velocity was 366.6AU per second!!! This was maintained even after returning the ship to 'normal' thrust control then pointing the ship prograde & thrusting more, i was unable to accelerate any faster.
So have i discovered a hard coded limit? - Or is this old news? :)
My distance from the sun was rediculous!- into the 100s of Parsecs & climbing, before i exited the Sim.

By the way, you should all give the DSV Liberator a whirl, it is tremendous fun & Looks DAMN COOL .. i've been waiting a long time for someone to model this!
Excellent!

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You can get better by de-orbiting the ISS with a docked DG. Once you hit the ground be ready for jump to warp.

Adelanthal

Reaction score
You were travelling at ~5.5x10^13 m/s. Even thrusting at 100 m/s, it'd take roughly 4 years of constant thrust to tick the decimal even once...

Adelanthal

Reaction score
Sorry, the latter; I really should proofread before dashing off to something else...

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
the supership goes so fast it does crash my orbiter, but thats probably due to a rounding error or something