Orbiter Video Thread

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
What an utterly crazy person! :blink:

Actually, the playback that Tex filmed, was NOT the fastest flight that agentgonzo ever made from KSC to WIN. [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3669"]This one is.[/ame]
Just under 17 minutes of flight time and a killer, handbrake landing in the end.
:hailprobe:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I think you've just linked the same playback track:).

True, just checked. Both the 20 min and the 17 min flights are on that download. Funny, i remember them being separate. The playback to look for is the TT KSC-WIN - XR2.scn in the playback folder.
:tiphat:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Making some more Orbiter videos, because I haven't made any in quite some time now.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It does affect fps, but recording to a different hard drive which isn't running Windows and Orbiter will improve that.

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
Wow, very nice! That TX just barely made it off the runway, I see. :lol:

Lol! Like typical Russian doctrine I try not to use the "afterburners" on the takeoff run. Suddenly, I realised without maximum thrust the TX will not take off in time with the additional 40 tons on the back :D

---------- Post added 01-15-11 at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was 01-14-11 at 12:50 ----------

Orulex 1.2 in Orbiter 2010P1

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Great vids Carmen! Only suggestion I have is to press "I" before you start recording as it will remove the yellow text on the top corners of the screen as well as the replay text displayed in the middle of the screen. :thumbup:

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
While I orbit my shuttle in multiplayer and chat with everyone online, the video of our earlier Delta Glider team flying finished uploading.

Here it is!

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Very nice, Carmen! The formation flight through the hanger at 1:30 was pretty epic, if I do say so myself. Thanks for not including that part where I go careening off the runway after landing. :lol:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
Well, I made another quick video last night! A lot of you know about agentgonzo's incredible Kennedy Space Center to Ascension Island flight playback available on Orbithangar which he made while participating in the Orbiter Racing League. The playback only works on Orbiter 2006-P1 and I loved watching it, so I thought I would record the playback and edit it into a short video. Although the entire flight takes 19 minutes and 58 seconds in real time, I sped the video up by 3x keeping the length closer to 6 minutes.

Consider traveling from Florida to the Southern Atlantic in only 19 minutes! :blink::hail:

WATCH on You Tube (HD available)

OR

DOWNLOAD and keep the video in full HD [109 MB]

evebn if a bitsome late I must say now - this is my favorite Orbiter-Video til now.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Aaahh... the old "barn-storming", days...
Even though my hot-doging days have past... i can't say that it wouldn't be delightfull to try and do this again, with another XR5 right on my tail...
(Sound is too high, i know... this was a long time ago...)
[ame="http://vimeo.com/10850462"]Orbiter - Parking an XR5 on Vimeo[/ame]