Orbiter noob from Huntsville AL

cjn0001

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Craig, and I have had Orbiter 2010 for about two weeks now.

My parents worked together at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama. I was born and raised here, and you might say spaceflight is in my blood. I can't help but be interested in the space program with rocket scientists for parents. They took me to shuttle launches, introduced me to some astronauts, showed me around the facilities at MSFC, and paid for me to go to Space Camp right here in Huntsville.

A few weeks ago my brother suggested I look for a good space flight simulator. After a few Google searches I found Orbiter, downloaded it, and started learning. I'm extremely impressed so far, having completed the checklist missions for the delta glider (after several days of trial and error). As soon as I see my parents over the holidays, I am going to show them this awesome simulator.

I still have a lot to learn, and I'm hoping to find some answers here in the forums. As a casual user, it is possible that I won't check in regularly, and I hope that won't be a problem.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

There's a multitude ofthings Orbiter has to offer, when you start throwing some of the amazing add-ons into the mix, it keeps getting better and better.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Come or go as you please and you will always return to a welcoming community ready to help or just chat about whatever

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They took me to shuttle launches, introduced me to some astronauts, showed me around the facilities at MSFC, and paid for me to go to Space Camp right here in Huntsville.

You had the growing-up I wanted when I was a child. :) The last astronaut I remember meeting was Curt Brown; my son and I met him at a meet-and-greet at an airshow a couple of years ago.

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

Schmidtrock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to Orbiter Forum Craig! I lived in Huntsville up until 2010 where I worked at Redstone Arsenal! Enjoy Orbiter, it is the most fun I've had on a computer in a long time!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Welcome !! Mr. Lucky ;)