Orbiter beta 121129

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
were you able by chance to confirm the "Hour" change error in my above post dbeachy?

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'm able to confirm it in Linux. I'll check it later in debug build of Scenario Editor in Windows.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
clbkLoadPanel before invoking clbkPostCreation

Mhhh, if this is true I would suggest to Martin not changing such order, as many addons may be broken or have unstable behaviour.

I think it's possible to keep backward compatibility without renouncing to improvement. Vessel compiled with older version would
stay with previous collision and only the newer made with the new SDK would have it, we would have the best of both.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I'm also getting errors trying to play custom wav files in the beta using OrbiterSound 3.5. RequestLoadVesselWave3 succeeds, but then trying to play it with PlayVesselWave3 always fails (returns false). The default OrbiterSound sounds (e.g., base radar) work, though -- it's only sounds loaded with RequestLoadVesselWave3 that won't play. I'll retest that when the new OrbiterSound version is released, though.

OrbiterSound is initialised in clbkPostCreation, that may be a side effect of changing callback order.
I cannot change the order as it would mean recompiling all the addons made since years.

Last edited:

sorindafabico

Reaction score
I can't reproduce your issue on a very old laptop not supporting hardware T&L, neither in windowed nor in full screen, with or without local light sources enabled (this works just fine for me with -1 supported lights since 100905). Did you run it on default settings? Does it close with some error dialog box, or just CTD?

If I did not forget anything, I changed only the options like nonspherical gravity, radiation pressure, etc. in Parameters, the ambient light level (to zero), and from window to full screen.

I can try again with "full" default settings when at home.

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'm able to confirm it in Linux. I'll check it later in debug build of Scenario Editor in Windows.
The exception is caused by oapiSetSimMJD. The access violation exception while writing at 0x00000000 (trying to store a double value at address from pointer at offset 0xC of some class, which is NULL at that time) is thrown every time in Orbiter 121023 (built-in graphics client) at 0x004601cc (in 2nd function called from the 2nd function called from the function called from oapiSetSimMJD). It doesn't matter what MJD (it can be the same as the current SimMJD taken from oapiGetSimMJD) or pmode is set.

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Still getting CTD, even with full default settings. Maybe it's my four years old notebook...

betaCTD.png

"Orbiter.exe stopped working."

The log:

**** Orbiter.log
Build Oct 21 2012 [v.121021]
Timer precision: 6.98413e-008 sec
Found 0 joystick(s)
Devices enumerated: 4
Devices accepted: 3
[ ] RGB Emulation (SW)
[x] Direct3D HAL (HW)
[x] Direct3D HAL (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family) (HW)
Module AtlantisConfig.dll .... [Build 121021, API 121021]
Module AtmConfig.dll ......... [Build 121021, API 121021]
Module DGConfigurator.dll .... [Build 121021, API 121021]

**** Creating simulation session
DirectDraw interface OK
Direct3D interface OK
Graphics: Viewport: Window 1274 x 774 x 32
Graphics: Hardware T&L capability: No
Graphics: Z-buffer depth: 32 bit
Graphics: Active lights supported: -1
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: DDraw error DDERR_BLTFASTCANTCLIP
>>> [OrbiterGraphics::clbkBlt | .\OGraphics.cpp | 1554]
---------------------------------------------------------------

sorindafabico

Reaction score
What does "Exibir detalhes do problema" say?

Signature of the problem:
   Problem Event Name: BEX
   Application Name: orbiter.exe
   Application Version: 0.0.0.0
   Stamp Date / Time of Application: 50847130
   Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
   Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161
   Stamp Date / Time Fault Module: 4dace5b9
   Exception Offset: 00030655
   Exception Code: c0000417
   Exception Data: 00000000
   OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
   Locale ID: 1046
   Additional Information 1: 4fb6
   Additional Information 2: e2ff9e923411eadbefdd45fc51411671
   Additional Information 3: B9B9
   Additional Information 4: 04e216871634d87989c8de9edda7ef60

I don't have MSVCR90.dll in beta folder (I have a MSVCR71.dll in 2010P1 folder), is this normal?

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
The playbacks seem slightly scrambled. E.g. the Atlantis launch starts with the launcher and shuttle spinning madly in mid air; while at wheel-stop in the landing playback the shuttle teleports to a spot about a mile away.

Aside, I never imagined getting so emotional about a totalled, yet gloriously upside-down landed ShuttleA! :cheers::hailprobe:

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
v121023 has same issues with XR vehicles and changing the time or day in scenerio editor still results in CTD. This is a update to post #19 above
Is this where we post bug reports for a alpha/beta or is there some official place for that?

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
v121023 has same issues with XR vehicles and changing the time or day in scenerio editor still results in CTD. This is a update to post #19 above
That's because nothing was changed in it to fix it yet. The beta 121023 was already available this morning [UTC], but only recently it was uploaded to OHM by Vash. My tests confirming the Scenario Editor crash were already made with 121023.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Is this where we post bug reports for a alpha/beta or is there some official place for that?
The official bug tracker is in ORBITER: 2010-P1 project. You can select either of both recently released beta versions when you create a bug report.

You can still post your observations/bugs in this thread.

Columbia42

Reaction score
The new collision system is really cool but unfortunately I'm getting significant framerate drops in this beta compared to all previous versions. Is anyone else experiencing this?

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone tried just to view the "2010 Edition\Welcome" scenario?
The Shuttle launch seems to be quite wierd (Shuttle and rest of the Stack start disconnected...) and after the pitchover (of only the shuttle ;) ) a CTD occurrs.

Nothing else was installed, so only plain 100830 overwritten by orbiter121023-100830diff.7z

By the way, there are several 0-Byte sized files in the patch (and in 108030 as well). Are they in there to mimic a kind of delete operation? Or are some of them 0-sized by accident?

I'll try some other testing later. For now: Thanks for this new beta!!!
/Kuddel

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
By the way, there are several 0-Byte sized files in the patch (and in 108030 as well).
I found only these (not in the patch but in complete Orbiter installation):
Code:
$ find . -empty
./Config/transx.cfg
./Config/Vessels/Galileo.cfg
./Flights/DG-ISS Sync Dock/Mir.atc
./Flights/Glider in orbit 1/system.dat
./Flights/Smack! Rescue/ISS.atc
./Flights/Smack! Rescue/Luna-OB1.atc
./Flights/Smack! Rescue/Mir.atc
./Meshes/Hyperion.msh
From which the .atc files are 0 bytes most likely intentionally, and the only, I think, should be non-empty, are: "./Config/Vessels/Galileo.cfg" and "./Meshes/Hyperion.msh". But they were already empty in 100830.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Has anyone tried just to view the "2010 Edition\Welcome" scenario?
The Shuttle launch seems to be quite wierd (Shuttle and rest of the Stack start disconnected...) and after the pitchover (of only the shuttle ;) ) a CTD occurrs.

Nothing else was installed, so only plain 100830 overwritten by orbiter121023-100830diff.7z
Old playbacks containing Atlantis are no longer compatible with the new Atlantis setup, so I will eventually have to re-do these.

By the way, there are several 0-Byte sized files in the patch (and in 108030 as well). Are they in there to mimic a kind of delete operation? Or are some of them 0-sized by accident?

I'll try some other testing later. For now: Thanks for this new beta!!!
/Kuddel
This is a result of the 7-zip diff file generation. This should be ok as long as there are no zero-size files left in your orbiter installation after you applied the diff.

FYI, this is the command I use (inside the up-to-date orbiter installation directory) to generate the diffs:

Code:
7z.exe u ..\orbiter%oldver%.7z -u- -up0q3r2x0y2z0w2!..\orbiter%newver%-%oldver%diff.7z *
If there are any 7-zip experts around who can spot a problem, please let me know!

Edit:
orb said:
I found only these (not in the patch but in complete Orbiter installation):
I can confirm those. I'll try to track down why the msh and cfg went AWOL.