Orbiter 2015 Calender [Submissions closed]

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
My humble contribution. Cygnus will fly again!

z6kUGv0.jpg

I don't know if this violates the rule about darkness but (imo) it's such a sweet shot of a great vehicle.
Maybe violates the 'darkness' rule, but "the calendar creator" might take it as a "header" or so, 'cause it is sweet.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I'm a bit of an astrophotographer, so I was thinking I might add in a picture of the Milky Way I took a few months ago and backdrop it behind Cygnus but that might violate the processing rule.

Unstung

Reaction score
That's photo manipulation which lies more in the territory of graphic design than photography. Dodging, burning, overall contrast adjustments, and cropping have been very common throughout the history of processing photos so I would consider those acceptable.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kyle's submission has indeed wayy too much black in order to get accepted. A bit shame, because it's a very pretty shot!
Although Spacethingy's version of it is intresting, and since the "not much post-production" is a tolerance and no hard line, I could just accept it ...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kyle's submission has indeed wayy too much black in order to get accepted. A bit shame, because it's a very pretty shot!
Although Spacethingy's version of it is intresting, and since the "not much post-production" is a tolerance and no hard line, I could just accept it ...

Could there possibly be at least one exception for an image with a lot of black? The calendar is going to be murder on any printer anyways, what with all of the colours used up. Dont printer cartridges have more black ink available anyways?

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Could there possibly be at least one exception for an image with a lot of black? The calendar is going to be murder on any printer anyways, what with all of the colours used up. Dont printer cartridges have more black ink available anyways?
Hmmmmmm...
But if I do something for someone, then I don't see why I shouldn't allow it for someone else, so for equality I shouldn't do it...
The pic is very good tho... And true too that printer will suffer anyway...

Dilemma!

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
No. OPPORTUNITY!
Maybe you can make two Polls...One regular as you've planned and a second one just voting for/against:
[ ] allow Kyle's Pic
[ ] do not allow Kyle's Pic
;)
But surely you're right: what sense does a rule make if you don't obey to it

:2cents: from Kuddel

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well then, thank Kyle,'s post if you think it should be added. I fix a need of a total of 10 thanks for it to be allowed.
I don't really want to make a special poll thread for wether or not we should allow it.

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Was my latest Lunar Station as an attachment of acceptable size?

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Well then, thank Kyle,'s post if you think it should be added. I fix a need of a total of 10 thanks for it to be allowed.
I don't really want to make a special poll thread for wether or not we should allow it.

3 short! ;)

I agree that it isn't fair to be treated special just for having a unique shot, so here's two more I submit.

Falcon flies in the twilight.

siOh4nq.jpg

Enterprise, Earth, and Moon.

7qg7T9u.jpg

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well then, the little poll is no use anymore, since I'll replace with those two your first submission.

Also,
WARNING: Submission closes on Sunday 14, 8PM GMT. Voting phase will start right away, until December 25, 8PM GMT. So this is the last chance to be in the 2015 Orbiter Calendar !

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Submissions are now closed. I'm on my way to make a poll for everyone to vote. Thanks to all of you that have participated !

18 people and almost 40 photos, wow !

To moderators: You can close this thread, as the vote started. Thanks :)