OHM OMP

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: face

The Orbiter Multiplayer Project (OMP) is intended to bring multiplayer features to Orbiter. This is one of many attempts to accomplish the goal on both LANs and WANs and incorporates the idea of a single “universe” server.

The referenced website hosts the complete project with source-code repository, a running server instance, TeamSpeak3 server, and a dedicated forum to get the latest news and/or support.

The download link always points to the newest version of the source-code and binaries in a ZIP archive. Please note that there is an additional folder in the ZIP root labelled "OMP-[hash]" with [hash] being the hexadecimal identifier for the version included. Within this folder you will find the usual Orbiter addon layout (there are also some additional ".hg*" files in the root that are not needed for the software to work). For further installation instruction, see here.

DOWNLOAD

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for finally releasing it!!:thumbup:
Any news about Orbiter Battle Simulation Project?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks for finally releasing it!!:thumbup:
Any news about Orbiter Battle Simulation Project?

You are welcome. With Ren's site being the official project site now, there was no reason to keep it back anymore. Just remember that it is still WIP and will undergo quite some changes in the future.

I am not a member of OBSP, so I don't know about its progress. I think RisingFury is a member there? I'd suggest to ask him about it.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OMP's OHM link has been updated for version 0.8.2.

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Face, in case you were curious: OMP 0.8.2 works nicely with Orbiter 2016 uner Wine. The user just has to remember to install .NET 2.0 (winetricks dotnet20) on top of any dlls necessary for Orbiter itself.

I didn't test everything, but I did a quick session with a stock DG around the Moon from Brighton Beach with no problems. Thanks for making OMP available.

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Exiting Orbiter 2016 (OMP client 0.8.2) with the Shut Down Options set to Terminate Orbiter Process leaves a client registered on the 2016 OMP public server. The client's objects, however, are not maintained. Exiting with a proper disconnect does not leave a client.

Thanks

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it normal not to see other players in OMP?

The 2016 server has one container client with an ISS in orbit almost 24/7 since more than a year now. You should be able to see this. Visit http://omp.ddns.net/server to get a status about the connected users and their vessels.

migviola11

Reaction score
The 2016 server has one container client with an ISS in orbit almost 24/7 since more than a year now. You should be able to see this. Visit http://omp.ddns.net/server to get a status about the connected users and their vessels.

When I play alone I can see the ISS, but I recently tested OMP scenario with my brother and we couldn't see each other.
Btw, I'm talking about the OMP 2010 version.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
When I play alone I can see the ISS, but I recently tested OMP scenario with my brother and we couldn't see each other.
Btw, I'm talking about the OMP 2010 version.

There is a 2010 server hosted at omp.ddns.net, but it is practically not maintained, in contrast to the 2016 server. I also don't support bug reports here on O-F in order to not spam the site with unpopular multiplayer discussions. If you like to get into more details, please join the forums at http://omp.ddns.net/forums , send me a mail, or drop me a PM.

BTW: I had to ban some IP from the 2016 server just yesterday because of repeated use of a user name with profanity in it. If it was you or your brother, we can talk about that in private, too.

migviola11

Reaction score
drop me a PM.

BTW: I had to ban some IP from the 2016 server just yesterday because of repeated use of a user name with profanity in it. If it was you or your brother, we can talk about that in private, too.

What is a PM?
We didn't play in OMP 2016, only on 2010.
Btw, can you accept my registration at OMP.dds site?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What is a PM?
We didn't play in OMP 2016, only on 2010.
Btw, can you accept my registration at OMP.dds site?

PM is private message here on O-F. You can send a short message to every member.
I did not receive a registration from you, but that could be that perhaps the email server had some hickup again. Please try it now, I've verified the system to work. If it still is not working, send me a PM or a short email (you can do that by O-F facilities as welllooks like that is disabled now) with your email address and the user name you wish to have, I will then immediately setup your user.

Last edited: