OMP Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have Turned off UPNP and forwarded the ports but now I am seeing and have been seeing some sort of error.

You do not need to forward any ports at all. If you stay in your LAN, it should work just fine. Do not forget to add the server as an exception to the firewall, though.

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Heres what I got so far

Here is a couple of videos of what I have done so far. The vids are showing the G42-Starliner and Atlantis using space shuttle ultras pad and MLP

Code:
${IF 12}${DESC}G42-Starliner Wideawake
${NAME}:G42-200_Starliner
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -14.4339100 -7.9578700
  HEADING 118.73
  AFCMODE 7
  PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 1:1.000000 2:1.000000 3:1.000000
  NAVFREQ 0 0
  XPDR 0
  GEARS 2
END
${IF 13}${DESC}SpaceShuttle@Wideawake
${NAME}:Atlantis
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -14.4403710 -7.9733230
  HEADING 286.80
  PRPLEVEL 0:1.000 1:1.000 2:1.000
  NAVFREQ 0 0
  CONFIGURATION 0
  CARGODOOR 0 0.0000
  GEAR 0 0.0000
  KUBAND 0 0.0000
  ARM_STATUS 0.5000 0.0000 0.0000 0.5000 0.5000 0.5000
END
LC39A:SSU_Pad
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -14.4404010 -7.9733010
  HEADING 196.56
  NAVFREQ 0 0
  ACCESS_ARM 0 0.0000
  GVA 0 0.0000
  VENTHOOD 0 0.0000
  FSS_OWP 0 0.0000
  RSS_OWP 0 0.0000
  RSS 1 1.0000
  GOX_SEQUENCE 1
END
MLP2:SSU_MLP
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -14.4404450 -7.9733010
  HEADING 286.43
  NAVFREQ 0 0
  T0_UMB 0 0.0000
END
If you prefer shuttle at KSC use
Atlantis change to
POS -80.6041530 28.6082900
HEADING 0.51
SSU_Pad change to
POS -80.6041400 28.6083200
HEADING 269.98
SSU_MLP change to
POS -80.6041500 28.6083600
HEADING 0.51

So far it is a NO-GO on SSU shuttle and Shuttle fleet

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Quick question, why has the %list command been removed? \list brings up all vessels on server, but if you need to know local vessel ids, %list was very helpful, and also let you know who was in visibility range.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, so OMP finally works on my new computer.

So, how do you find where players are located? KSC? Wideawake? The Moon?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Quick question, why has the %list command been removed? \list brings up all vessels on server, but if you need to know local vessel ids, %list was very helpful, and also let you know who was in visibility range.

The client commands %add, %del, %list were removed, because they only served the purpose of registering and removing local vessels to the server. As this is automatic now, they are not needed anymore. %list might be helpful for quickly listing all local simulation objects, but it was not really solid (just a quick hack), and you can use stock Orbiter dialogs for that (e.g. object information dialog).

Pipcard said:
So, how do you find where players are located? KSC? Wideawake? The Moon?
There is no dedicated list that would display location labels for user vessels. To determine the location, you can:

• switch to the vessel via F3 (either if it is already in visual range or via \track <ID>) and look around
  • check the vessel's location with the object information dialog
  • use the web status in parallel to display the status of an object - it would display X/Y/Z coordinates in global frame relative to the GBody reference - or
  • simply ask the players via chat
regards,
Face

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
The client commands %add, %del, %list were removed, because they only served the purpose of registering and removing local vessels to the server. As this is automatic now, they are not needed anymore. %list might be helpful for quickly listing all local simulation objects, but it was not really solid (just a quick hack), and you can use stock Orbiter dialogs for that (e.g. object information dialog).

A much needed feature finally implemented! :thumbup: :cheers:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have a problem with OMP. I didn't read all this thread, so the problem may already asked:
When I would activate the OMPClient module in Orbiter, Orbiter instantanely quit ! And OMPClient isn't activated. And OMPClient.crash says:
Code:
Located Orbiter window handle: 251952
Unable to locate Orbiter's start button (Error 58D)!

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The current version of OMP only works with Orbiter 2010 P1. Do you use this version?

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I use Orbiter 2010 P1 version.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Any of those updates works for me. I'm very disapointed ...

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I use Orbiter 2010 P1 version.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Any of those updates works for me. I'm very disapointed ...

The crash log you posted strongly hints on a different Orbiter version, because the system is unable to detect the start button in the memory. Other Orbiter versions use a different layout, most prominently the beta version.

If you are very disappointed, it is best you just stop using OMP. My addons tend to have some bugs in it ;) .

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The crash log you posted strongly hints on a different Orbiter version, because the system is unable to detect the start button in the memory. Other Orbiter versions use a different layout, most prominently the beta version.

If you are very disappointed, it is best you just stop using OMP. My addons tend to have some bugs in it ;) .
Oops, my english vocabulary seems to be reviewed ... It is not exactly what I mean ... I am impatient to use OMP, but there's bugs with me and not with others users (apparently everybody can activate OMPClient, so ...)

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

A suggestion: May be it's because I'm on a Win7 64 bits version I have this bug ... NET 4 Framework is installed.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oops, my english vocabulary seems to be reviewed ... It is not exactly what I mean ... I am impatient to use OMP, but there's bugs with me and not with others users (apparently everybody can activate OMPClient, so ...)

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

A suggestion: May be it's because I'm on a Win7 64 bits version I have this bug ... NET 4 Framework is installed.

I see.

I have Win7 64 myself. Maybe you are missing .NET 2.0 Framework? It is noted in the README.txt in the /Doc/OMP/ folder, but I guess I also need to mention it in the high-level readme and the PDF, too. From the crash log, however, it still looks like a wrong Orbiter version.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try to install NET 2.0 Framework : Already on computer. May be installed with the Vb Studio ...
Tried to install in a fresh Orbiter 100830 install: Same way : crash.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Try to install NET 2.0 Framework : Already on computer. May be installed with the Vb Studio ...
Tried to install in a fresh Orbiter 100830 install: Same way : crash.

If you have a totally vanilla Orbiter installation there (besides the ORL package, of course), and the crash log is the same as posted, then my last bet is on some strange permission problem. Maybe you have some rights restricted for your user on Win7.

Other than that, I'm clueless. I've never seen that problem before...

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you have a totally vanilla Orbiter installation there (besides the ORL package, of course), and the crash log is the same as posted, then my last bet is on some strange permission problem. Maybe you have some rights restricted for your user on Win7.

Other than that, I'm clueless. I've never seen that problem before...

I just have retried the OMPClient activation with an Administrator privileges and fresh installation: Crash. Same crash log:
Code:
Located Orbiter window handle: 11A6C

Try with XP compatibility mode: Same way:
Code:
Located Orbiter window handle: C0468

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I just have retried the OMPClient activation with an Administrator privileges and fresh installation: Crash. Same crash log:
Code:
Located Orbiter window handle: 11A6C
Try with XP compatibility mode: Same way:
Code:
Located Orbiter window handle: C0468

Well, as I said, I'm clueless now. The error you keep posting tells that the Orbiter version is not genuine 2010 P1 (i.e. no beta, no 2010 without patch), because it can't detect the start button inside the detected window handle by its ID. Do you have any other addons installed that may alter this?

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, as I said, I'm clueless now. The error you keep posting tells that the Orbiter version is not genuine 2010 P1 (i.e. no beta, no 2010 without patch), because it can't detect the start button inside the detected window handle by its ID. Do you have any other addons installed that may alter this?
No JSMGE, so I guess not, but if you have some ideas of programs may can that, I can check if I have it or not.

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Deltaglider IV-2

Face I have tested OMP (2 clients locally) with DG2. It pauses the 2nd viewing clients game and when un-paused it results in the 2nd viewing clients orbiter to lockup. I have also tried it with SSU and "Set Animation" is getting through to 2nd viewing client. I remember reading about events being turned off. I was wondering if some kind of event is still getting through? I see no GINFO or anything to point you to. BTW the new version 0.7 is working with atlantis. Due to auto-adding of vessels now the SRB's and ET are now view-able upon separation and are now able to be viewed in a viewing client automatically :thumbup: It is a little "jumpy" but hey it works! Nice work Face :cheers:

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Face I have tested OMP (2 clients locally) with DG2. It pauses the 2nd viewing clients game and when un-paused it results in the 2nd viewing clients orbiter to lockup.

Do you mean DGIV? DG2 is a rather old version, no? Also, did you install the 0.7 client only, or the hot-fix from the upload section on BB, too? I've found a bug in the 0.7 that causes deadlocks with XR2-like vessels, and this sounds like it.

I have also tried it with SSU and "Set Animation" is getting through to 2nd viewing client. I remember reading about events being turned off. I was wondering if some kind of event is still getting through? I see no GINFO or anything to point you to.

What is "Set Animation"? Indeed events should be off by default. The "new" event recording and the "old" callback events.
Maybe the old events go through. Check by enabling log level 9 in the log tab. If you then see lines starting with "E:" in the log on the sending client, something is wrong with the defaults, or you somehow enabled the system. Check the systems state with the client command "%state".

BTW the new version 0.7 is working with atlantis. Due to auto-adding of vessels now the SRB's and ET are now view-able upon separation and are now able to be viewed in a viewing client automatically :thumbup: It is a little "jumpy" but hey it works! Nice work Face :cheers:

Nice to hear, thanks for the feedback!

The jumpiness is from the delayed transmission of vessel class information (takes up to 10 seconds), but I'm working on that.

regards,
Face

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It is the newest DGIV for orbiter 2010. 0.7 with the hotfix. The "Set animation" with SSU I think is when a switch in the VC is activated. Somehow I am seeing it on the 2nd viewing clients screen. I will try the %state later tonight when I get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.