Not Exactly New But

Matt00

Reaction score
It's been a wile. Glad to see that Orbiter is still around. I was out of contact for a year or so while I was under employed and only had a crappy computer that couldn't handle Orbiter 2006 without reducing textures. Would you believe an HP 700 series.

When I finally got back online Orbiter was gone. Everything gone like Orbiter had disappeared. Had me going there for a while.

So could anyone please tell me what the :censored: happened?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
When I finally got back online Orbiter was gone. Everything gone like Orbiter had disappeared. Had me going there for a while.

So could anyone please tell me what the :censored: happened?

I don't know what you mean. Both the forum and the main website were online pretty much 99% of the year, just with some maintenance downtime, often announced in advance.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Could it have been the switch from M6 to here? .shrug:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could it have been the switch from M6 to here? :shrug:

But that switch was like a decade ago. He talked about one year offline. :shrug:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
But that switch was like a decade ago. He talked about one year offline. :shrug:

He talked about Orbiter 2006, so I went to that time frame.

Matt00

Reaction score
I was offline for about six years

Had my hours cut at first and when my computer broke down that was the last of my online time. When the lay off came I was out of just about everything. Had a grandpa who said, "tell me what you need and I'll tell you how you can do without it." I learned what he meant about that.:lol:

I Started farming black raspberries a while back but still didn't have much of a computer (Would you believe an HP Pavilion 700e running Windows XP) :lol: A guy gave it to me for wiping the HD and giving him a USB Enclosure. I put my computer's drive into it and And loaded WinXP. The crazy thing is still working. You need a fork to get the CD tray out, it doesn't have a power button (just two wires), and one blade is broken off the CPU fan, (I used hot glue to balance the remaining blades). Every time I turn it off I wonder whether it will ever start again. :lol:

I had a usb stick with my backup of Orbiter 2006 on it and messed around with that. I modified it like crazy. I used Mesh Wizard and edited and copied a bunch of UMMUs. Now every one of my UMMUs is an individual. No two the same. I even created my own Base modules. More like a tunnel than the originals. I put them inside the empty spaces in other meshes. Works pretty good. Only problem is when you go through the original mesh. I can sort of hide that however by adding a door at that point. I even have six alien species UMMUs.

If I can figure out How to upload photos to this forum I'll post some pics. If people like it I might upload to OH, It uses a lot of other peoples stuff however. I'll have to ask a lot of people for permission If I want to share any of it. I only had Mesh Wizard. I couldn't create meshes just edit the ones I had. I learned a lot about meshes and textures from that.

I only got back online late this summer and when I checked Orbiter all I got was "Page not found" then checked out Rag Tag Fleet page and Page not found" even Orbit Hangar wasn't there. The only thing on Dan's Orbiter forum was a year old post asking about where Dr Schweiger and Dan was and it didn't have any replies.

So that's what made it seem like Orbiter had disappeared. I always expected Orbiter to outlive me.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I only got back online late this summer and when I checked Orbiter all I got was "Page not found" then checked out Rag Tag Fleet page and Page not found" even Orbit Hangar wasn't there. The only thing on Dan's Orbiter forum was a year old post asking about where Dr Schweiger and Dan was and it didn't have any replies.

So that's what made it seem like Orbiter had disappeared. I always expected Orbiter to outlive me.

That's odd. Sure you're using the same internet we're all on? :lol:

I kid.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Rag Tag Fleet is gone for ages now. Are you sure you talk about just one year absence? Perhaps those raspberries took you longer than you thought :lol: .

Could you post links to the mentioned posts on Dan's? Perhaps you had bad luck and got back exactly in the few hours the main website was down. The context of the mentioned posts might show this.

Matt00

Reaction score
That's odd. Sure you're using the same internet we're all on? :lol:

I kid.

Wondering that myself but the site was down for a while this summer or something was wrong between here and there. The other sites being down also is what areally had me worried. I'm just glad it wasn't peppermint

Here are some of my UMMUs. My face is on the far left.

picture.php

I've since changed their height and build.

And here are my aliens. Most are just meshes from other add ons. All I did was create a UMMU file.

picture.php