Problem No bases in AutoFCS drop down menu

skyballer455

Reaction score
After getting AutoFCS from the STS Payloads expansion, and following the instructions to get it working, I decided to give it a spin using the STS-1 final pass scenario. However, when I open it up in game, no bases are selectable in the drop down menu.

Help!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Check the orbiter wiki on AutoFCS. You have to copy the desired (CSSC, Polygon, whatever) surface bases from Config/Earth/Base folder into the (just plain) config folder, you'll also need to edit your earth.cfg file to add the base locations in. You don't have to delete the same base file from Config/Earth/Base folder though, even though the wiki say to do so. If you do this, it can cause a CTD with quite a few other scenarios (as it'll be looking for a base that's not there any longer).

skyballer455

Reaction score
I tried doing that but the bases still don't show up. In fact, the bases are already in the Earth.cfg file:

Code:
; === Surface Bases ===
; place additional bases or
; base directories in this list
BEGIN_SURFBASE
DIR Earth\Base
EDW:	-117.92	+34.892
KSC:	-80.675	+28.5208
VBG:	-120.5694 	+34.7345
ZZA:	-1.0467	+41.6683
END_SURFBASE

:facepalm:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Did you edit the Orbiter.cfg file?

ONLY change EchoAllParams = TRUE

Out of the box it's set to false, you want it to be true.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
/me scratches head.

I just tried it in a clean install, only Orbiter sound, AutoFCS and Shuttle fleet. It worked for me. David had included the bases (EDW, KCS and ZZA) in the config folder already, so that isn't the issue.

My wild guess is that maybe another addon is in conflict? Like I said, it's only a wild guess.

I guess I'll have t drop back and punt on this one.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
did you run the initialization that Orbiter does when it is a new installation? You have to do that, or else AutoFCS will never work

Slaintemaith

Old Timer
Reaction score
This did indeed work! My only quandary now is being able to read the bases, as they all say "Earth\STS_Payloads..." and truncate. Which is fine if you know the order of them.
I don't. =( Still it's good to know I can land, even if I don't know where...

I think I was caught out in the "activate Auto FCS in the NG_orbiter.exe AND orbiter.exe."(as I'm not using the plain exe, I didn't bother.)

Thank you very much!

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
It's good to know lots of my trial and error didn't go to waste.

It's weird but you must run AutoFCS with orbiter.exe at least once. I still don't know why this works...

Slaintemaith

Old Timer
Reaction score
In other news, I'm trying to figure out some conflicts with 2016 and MFDs that should work with it, but aren't showing up in-ship due to (apparently) a C++ issue... That's a different post in a different topic area, though.