New Virtual Space Agency!

Nazban

Reaction score
Just a hint what I expect of any good VSA in terms of publications, instead of forum arguments and directors:

• Program descriptions
  • Mission descriptions
  • Proper Mission press releases as announcement.
  • Flight plans, and optionally checklists of the current or at least past missions.
  • Post-Mission analysis and reports
  • Post-mission press releases about the results of the mission.
  • Reliable schedules that last longer than a few hours for asking "who has time to fly this". Who should fly a mission should have time to help preparing his mission in the team.
  • Regular VSA events
  • A good beginner training program to quickly bring new players into space with real missions.
  • Regular astronaut corps status reports and astronaut statistics of the VSA. Ideally with a VSA biography of the astronaut.
  • Nice would be a youtube channel with replays.
It is a lot, but I think once you started such things once and have the tools and patterns ready, it is quickly done and can also be quickly distributed to other players.

Eric, just look at what urumpwe's written, he has written all the major things a VSA should need, this makes perfect sense, and i 100% agree on following this.

Eric, PLEASE update the site, the home page still writes launch delayed, and under it its writing launched, and many pages are still under construction. and PLEASE follow what urumpwe's said, thats the best advice given which makes perfect sense, thanks urumpwe:thumbup:

Eric, we can use the mission control chatroom for more organization, and everyone whos part of this VSA give us a date and time when you will all be free, so we can set up a common time for all of us to meet, PM me or eric the time you can meet.

Do i look like a critic to a VSA im part of? Yes, because thats the only way to save it, instead of creating a mission which will launch in 2 days, then postponed and an area with people arguing.

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And also we SHOULD post most of our stuff here, as people have pointed out, its easier to see it here, than going to another forums.

Oh please don't...

Most people that don't participate in the VSA aren't interested in it's progress except for the lulz, infighting and eventual FAIL. If you intend to use OF to communicate, then please do it in blogs and not a thread.

Nazban

Reaction score
sorry, meant the opposite, should start thinking before typing.

eric, i cant log onto the VOSSA site, and the mission control page doesnt work?? what happened?

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Well, at least to contary belief, STS-200 completed its mission successfully.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Just a hint what I expect of any good VSA in terms of publications, instead of forum arguments and directors:

• Program descriptions
  • Mission descriptions
  • Proper Mission press releases as announcement.
  • Flight plans, and optionally checklists of the current or at least past missions.
  • Post-Mission analysis and reports
  • Post-mission press releases about the results of the mission.
  • Reliable schedules that last longer than a few hours for asking "who has time to fly this". Who should fly a mission should have time to help preparing his mission in the team.
  • Regular VSA events
  • A good beginner training program to quickly bring new players into space with real missions.
  • Regular astronaut corps status reports and astronaut statistics of the VSA. Ideally with a VSA biography of the astronaut.
  • Nice would be a youtube channel with replays.
It is a lot, but I think once you started such things once and have the tools and patterns ready, it is quickly done and can also be quickly distributed to other players.

Actually, i love this format.

Nazban

Reaction score
finally you guys atleast know what to do, just hope eric also understands and follows this.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just an FYI, heading over to http://www.azrockets.org/vossa/ (per some of the forum signatures here) leads to a page that offers to "setup" the website. It looks like running through that might cause some damage, you'll want to look into this.

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
Just an FYI, heading over to http://www.azrockets.org/vossa/ (per some of the forum signatures here) leads to a page that offers to "setup" the website. It looks like running through that might cause some damage, you'll want to look into this.

Just give it about ten minutes or so. I'm trying to convert it to run on a CMS and have hit a snag. I'm going to move the directory so it can't be accessed until this is completed.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Images from STS-200(these are just some of them):

Last edited:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Images from STS-200(these are just some of them):

Pardon my misunderstanding, but wasn't this launch scrubbed? If it wasn't, why were there remarks earlier that contact was lost between MC and the pilot?

Also, when I visit your guys' site, I get the Drupal install page. When do you think you will have the site actually up and running?

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
Pardon my misunderstanding, but wasn't this launch scrubbed? If it wasn't, why were there remarks earlier that contact was lost between MC and the pilot?

Also, when I visit your guys' site, I get the Drupal install page. When do you think you will have the site actually up and running?

It was scrubbed, which means postponed. However, contact was lost and then regained multiple times (Ky says his internet connection does that). As per common sense, we decided to bring the shuttle back early (what I would do as Flight Director in the real world).

Also, I just converted our website to Drupal. The install page should be gone now. Sorry it took so long, it's just that I needed my webhost to switch the server that the domain was on. It's still not completed (or started, as far as I know), so I just decided to install an older version of Drupal that would work. I'll upgrade after they switch the server.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
STS-200 Mission Badge
Now that I have the software, expect Mission Badges before missions.
picture.php

Last edited: