New Virtual Space Agency!

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
I just want to let everyone know that I've started a new virtual space agency called VOSSA! It's website is at http://www.azrockets.org/vossa/. I am currently the only member and am looking for people to help me finish the final preparations. Currently, I am looking for people to fill these positions:

-Director of Unmanned Spaceflight (in talks with someone about taking it)
-Director of Mission Control

If you are not interested in being a Director, you can just be an astronaut, spacecraft designer, or join mission control!

To join, click on the link named "Join" from the menu at the top.

Also, the website is not quite complete, however the parts that aren't finished aren't really important.

NOTE: Constructive criticism is welcome.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
While I admit that your website looks impressive, why should I join this VSA, when at least once a month someone comes along, makes one up, fails to organise it, and then vanishes a few weeks later? What is different this time?

I'm not trying to be discouraging. If you can do it, please do. But can you?

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
While I admit that your website looks impressive, why should I join this VSA, when at least once a month someone comes along, makes one up, fails to organise it, and then vanishes a few weeks later? What is different this time?

I'm not trying to be discouraging. If you can do it, please do. But can you?

From what I've seen, most VSAs fail because they do not have a website set up. However, since I have already created the website, this removes that problem.

Also, I can put enough time into managing it to keep it active and organized.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Most VSAs fail because of a lack of direction and/or goal. If you can provide that, then you'll have removed a problem. :)

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
Most VSAs fail because of a lack of direction and/or goal. If you can provide that, then you'll have removed a problem. :)

Thanks for your support! And you too Izack for making me lay out my reasoning. I already had the ideas in my head, but never thought of them that way.

Nazban

Reaction score
i joined, pending approval from you , can i be deputy director:)

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
From what I've seen, most VSAs fail because they do not have a website set up. However, since I have already created the website, this removes that problem.

Also, I can put enough time into managing it to keep it active and organized.

That's great news and I sincerly wish you the best however I wouldn't join because your website has no mission or goal content. So far, you've not listed what it is this VSA aims to achieve in terms of a goal. Is it manned space flight? A spacestation in LEO? Flights to the moon? all? You have nothing saying this.

They can also fail because the people wishing to join have different ideas to the people running them. An example, my one person VSA works perfectly as a one person VSA because I have no one to worry about except myself. When I did open it up to membership I suddenly had people who wanted to fly a lot more than I had missions for them. I also had people that wanted a full training experience. This fundamentally altered the way I wanted to take my VSA and resulted in it becoming something more of a chore than a fun task so I've had to take it back to a single peson VSA.

Is that a failure? Yes, because I wasn't able to deliver a VSA experience into the community. I hope yours turns out better and I look forward to seeing what you can deliver.

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
That's great news and I sincerly wish you the best however I wouldn't join because your website has no mission or goal content. So far, you've not listed what it is this VSA aims to achieve in terms of a goal. Is it manned space flight? A spacestation in LEO? Flights to the moon? all? You have nothing saying this.

Thanks for the advice! Goals have now been posted, based on suggestions of my Deputy Director.

They can also fail because the people wishing to join have different ideas to the people running them. An example, my one person VSA works perfectly as a one person VSA because I have no one to worry about except myself. When I did open it up to membership I suddenly had people who wanted to fly a lot more than I had missions for them. I also had people that wanted a full training experience. This fundamentally altered the way I wanted to take my VSA and resulted in it becoming something more of a chore than a fun task so I've had to take it back to a single peson VSA.

Is that a failure? Yes, because I wasn't able to deliver a VSA experience into the community. I hope yours turns out better and I look forward to seeing what you can deliver.

Thanks! I plan on listening to people's suggestions and taking them into consideration. Hopefully, this will help keep people content.

Ark

Reaction score
How realistic are we talking, here? Because NASA's management isn't something I'd want to emulate. :lol:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Glad to be part of the team! Looking foward to working in this VSA.

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
How realistic are we talking, here? Because NASA's management isn't something I'd want to emulate. :lol:

Just vehicles and possibly satellites. However, we're going to start switching to non-realistic vehicles (not impossible, I just mean like Delta Glider, Ariane 6, etc).

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Soooooooo.... you're up to 3 Directors now? :)

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
Soooooooo.... you're up to 3 Directors now? :)

Not division directors, of which we currently have one (Manned Spaceflight). I'm talking with another person about Director of Unmanned Spaceflight. However, Director of Mission Control is still available.

If you could me and the Deputy Director, we have three though!:)

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
thats a great idea if we had someone who's adept with photoshop! maybe some mission badges would be cool too when we get to launching missions.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

im trying to do a VOSSA picture... but :shrug:

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
thats a great idea if we had someone who's adept with photoshop! maybe some mission badges would be cool too when we get to launching missions.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

im trying to do a VOSSA picture... but :shrug:

Lol, I was considering mission badges too. Good luck with the picture!

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
yeah im gonna need it haha

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Well my computer died so that's the end of the picture for tonight.