New Star Wars movies confirmed (NO SPOILERS!)

White Owl

Reaction score
Better than The Last Jedi, not as good as The Force Awakens. Many enjoyable moments, but overall I felt they were trying to cram too much into one movie. Still a good ride and worth the ticket price.

Keep in mind... it is literally impossible to please the Star Wars fan base, because we all like such different aspects of the franchise. For example, I would be perfectly happy to never hear the words "Force", "Jedi", or "Sith", or even see another lightsaber again. Others want the whole story to be nothing but Force-users duking it out.

It's a decent action flick, ties up a few loose plot ends, and even has some character development. I enjoyed the movie.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
That's a ~20% decrease in profit when compared to Episode 8 and is only a little better than Rogue One.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I saw this today. WOW! I personally think that the problems this movie had, were mainly because of the problems of 8. In other words, in 8, the story got written into a corner, and they had to spend time in 9 writing themselves out of those corners. I also feel that certain critical plot points in 9 would have been introduced in 8 had JJ written 8 as well so there isn't this sudden, almost jarring surprise. I also feel like this "trilogy" as-written is actually a duology with one random filler movie. If you just watched 15 minutes of key scenes from 8, you could do 7 to 9 without missing anything.

In the places where 9 can stand on its own, it did, and did so superbly. Was this a rehash of any previous movie? No. There are similarities, but let's face it, any series centered on good vs. evil with the idea of a singular greater good (The Force), and characters boxed into one or the other with the ability to change, is going to have repetition. Was there fanservice? Yes. So what? We're fans, we're there to see what we like. Overall, well done! After 8, I was focused on the spectacle of the scenes, but with 9, I'm focused on the story and characters, and actually feel something. I admit, I cried at a few scenes, those are the movies I love.