New FDAI tex 1800x900

thermocalc

Reaction score
dear "chrival"
I am just a simple NASSP user but nevertheless I wanted to jump into this "developers only threat" to thank you (as well as "Lupus" before you) for this amazing FDAI ball ... it is really a piece of art , and I just downloaded both FDAI's (for CSM and LM) and put into the new release 1822 to start my new Apollo 10 mission (Lift off in few minutes from now :) hoping to splashdown before the end of this month ahahahahahahah).
As I am still attached to the 2D panels (mainly because I still need the "yellow box helpers" to find my way in the cockpits) I installed the low resolution, but I also tried the high one for the VC just to see how it looks like and of course it is even nicer ... so I wish all of you good success and good time for your next improvements, hoping to see your creation "embedded officially" in one of the next NASSP releases, and as you suggested hoping that the highest resolution somehow to be used in the VC and the low resolution into the 2D panel .... take care and all the best, and be safe from corona .... :cheers:
:hailprobe:

Lupus_Vulpes

Reaction score
Beautiful... Great work man, we should expect the release in the next update soon, with the low res in 2D and high-res in VC. I have tried them out, way better what i did :D

chrival

Reaction score
Thanks Lupus, this is great news.
Besides I tried again to export from the Gimp Image to dds and there's something weird. In fact, exporting with default format, no compression, the tex appears normally on the VC but never in the 2D panel.
And why is the 1024 tex so much pixellated after all ? It's not normal.
There's something I can't understand with the 2D panel.

Lupus_Vulpes

Reaction score
Thanks Lupus, this is great news.
Besides I tried again to export from the Gimp Image to dds and there's something weird. In fact, exporting with default format, no compression, the tex appears normally on the VC but never in the 2D panel.
And why is the 1024 tex so much pixellated after all ? It's not normal.
There's something I can't understand with the 2D panel.
I think it has something to do with the way the 2D panel renders textures, there is no interpolation and the resolution is limited. The same applies to all the gauges on the panel, when they move it's only clear cut movement pixel by pixel. the textures may be bigger than 1024p, but their rendering resolution is limited to 1024p, and when it comes to the FDAI, where the individual degree marks are only 1-2 pixels apart, and there is no active interpolation of the movement, you get that pixelated effect, because the engine tries to render the movement, but it doesn't have the necessary resolution to simulate it more smoothly, that's why the pixels bunch up and you get that sharp pixelisation effect. Blurring the texture mitigates that effect because by not making the texture "as sharp as it gets" it doesn't get rendered "as sharp", it's basicaly and optical illusion that the engine doesent care about, but it fools the human eye to see more "smooth" movement

chrival

Reaction score
Ok. Things are clear now.
May we expect an improvement in the future ?

chrival

Reaction score
Is this something I could use in the sts2016?
What do you mean exactly by sts2016 ?
If I understand you correctly this texture is to be used with NASSP FDAI
If you want to get it with the AttitudeIndicator MFD, here's is the specific version:

Direct Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fzs4tel40v171pr/navball.zip/file

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I will look. Sts2016. Space transportation system 2016. Space shuttle.

Is there a ADI MFD? Then it could fit in the shuttle dash

Last edited:

EstebanDF

Reaction score
Thanks. I will look. Sts2016. Space transportation system 2016. Space shuttle.

Is there a ADI MFD? Then it could fit in the shuttle dash

Hi @gattispilot

Bit late for a reply, but just today I found this one looking for something to help me with Orbiter 2010 vessels crashing HUD in version 2016, and it's very good, have a look:

dak4482

Reaction score
very very new to nassp so bear with me. so this only works in the virtual cockpit? just installed everything new and as you said does appear blank in the 2d cockpit? Also I saw also in a post that the cheat sheets are now active but when I click on those spots nothing happens any special settings I'm missing? I do have the latest nassp update installed. Any help appreciated.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
very very new to nassp so bear with me. so this only works in the virtual cockpit? just installed everything new and as you said does appear blank in the 2d cockpit? Also I saw also in a post that the cheat sheets are now active but when I click on those spots nothing happens any special settings I'm missing? I do have the latest nassp update installed. Any help appreciated.
Did you follow https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/nassp-8-installation-guide.36801/

This new FDAI texture was incorporated into the NASSP repository a long time ago. It shouldn't require any additional downloads and should work on both 2D and 3D.