Question NASSP First Flight--wow

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi to all. I just completed my first ever Apollo mission. I flew Apollo 11 with NASSP, in about 6 hours from launch to splashdown. I'm very, very impressed with Project Apollo-NASSP. It is certainly very accurate and realistic, and a joy to fly. I had a question or two though.

1. I noticed how almost EVERY SINGLE SWITCH works. Wow, again, I'm quite impressed. But does every switch that you can flip serve a functional purpose, or is it just there to flip and look cool? ;)

2. The tutorial available on Orbithangar said that in order for very accurate lunar landings, you need Lunar Landing MFD, which is available on, you guessed it, avsim. Where can I get it now that avsim does not exist?

Thanks again to the developers of NASSP--extraordinary job! Well done.

insane_alien

Reaction score
1/ most switches do something. although thats not to say its something important it could be anything from capsule separation to muting the radio

2/ not a clue, just practice eyeballing it, i try not to use MFD's with NASSP as it feels too much like cheating.

wovik

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
There are 3 MFD's that could be what you are looking for.
There is LunarLandingMFD, Land MFD, and LOLA.

LOLA is available on Orbit Hanger. It is an improved Land MFD.
I have tried LOLA and it worked on a Lunar-lander type craft.

The other 2 MFD's are not on Orbit Hanger but I do have them.

The versions I have are the following .ZIP files:

LandMFD0514.zip

LunarLandingMFD-040323.zip

You should try LOLA but the Land MFD was made for NASSP craft. Both .zip files I listed are for older versions of Orbiter and I don't know if they will work with the present version. LOLA does.

You can download Land MFD from here:

http://www.aovi93.dsl.pipex.com/others_addons/LandMFD0514.zip

Last edited: