OHM Narada Star Trek 2009

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: cmoon55

NARADA Star Trek 2009 (V1.0 February 9th 2011) Introduction:
The Narada was originally a massive Romulan mining vessel. crushing asteriods and small planetoids then using its many tendicals to sweep and sort the rubble for valuable minerals. After the loss of Romulus, its captain, Nero went insane. In his qwest to punish Spock and the Federation for their failure to prevent Romulus's destruction; he refitted the Narada with aquired borg technology. Before he could kill Spock both the Narada and Spock's vessel were transported into the past, where Nero chose to continue his vendetta and rewrite history so that Romulus would eventually rule the galaxy free of the Federation.
Animations:
Narada has a drilling rig which extrends down 56 kilometers, press "G" to lower the rig and retract it, note that it takes 200 seconds to deploy. The hover exhaust has been repurposed to represent the drill beam.
The Narada uses the hover thrust and "HOLD ALT" function to paitain position and Altitude.
The main docking bay doors are animated press "K".

Docking Ports:
She has docking ports inside the hangar bay.
INSTALLATION:
Required add-ons:
Vinka's Spacecraft3 (Most people here have this installed, but it you don't this add-on's mesh will NOT apprear. To add to another scenario, either directly edit the scenario file, or use the scenario editor, but be sure to name it exactly as it appears in the vessel list menu)
Credits:
This model is a KITBASH of the following...
a basic consept model I started and CrazyVulcans static Nerada model from Google Sketch-up. use this link to view and rate his original work.
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=7836cd41355d099635693535e799f38c&prevstart=0
All models shared on Googles 3D warehouse are for FREE-of-Charge personal use with credit given to their creators.

DOWNLOAD

Aldrasio

Reaction score
I alway wanted to know, how the hell is this ship built to look so weird :)

It's a mining vessel, so maybe the shape allows it to consume small asteroids and comets. Otherwise the designers just wanted something alien-looking. Whatever it is, it looks pretty cool, so not much else matters.

I like using this ship for emergency rendezvous scenarios/testing to see how well I can dock with a giant ship that's under thrust.

cmoon55

Reaction score
Hmmm. Just noticed someone must really hate my star trek add-ons cuz the latest ratings really dropped the average. I know they are not perfect, but positive feed back is the main reason I release them. If you have a problem please post an explanation too. Or send me a private message so I know why... That would be mature thing to do.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, three stars for a Spacecraft3 vessel whose mesh isn't entirely your own isn't bad... :hide:

(Didn't rate this addon, so don't shoot me.)

htrfhy

Reaction score
what ship are you doing next and the drill is bigger in the movie