My DG spaceship

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Looking like you've made good progress! How about a shot of the middle panels, so we can see what you have going on there? :speakcool:

BTW, is it flyable right now?

lockingtoggle

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hey yagni, no flying yet, have to finish all the basic panels first and than interface it.
Here a pic of the engine panel. There is a display behind, for the indicators.

dg007.jpg

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Woaaah

Dude this is crazyyy. And I thought I was hooked on orbiter!! :rofl: Please keep us up to date on how this goes. I'd really like to know how it ends up.

Peace :lol:

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Brilliant!!
What is the total cost so far?

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Is this for the DGIV, the XR1 or the default DG (boooooo!)?

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
Very cool!
I thought of building one of these myself, but I don't have the spare time, the tech savvy or the patience ;). So I guess my cockpit is a chair with a LCD screen and a Saitek X52 :)

As for the Joysticks, why not use a Saitek X52? It has loads of buttons on it that would be great for turning things on and off. Maybe for combat sims.

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
I decided to do a SpaceShipOne simpit. Anyone know of any good reference resources? I've picked up 2 books on ebay so far.

Star explorer

Reaction score
if your married i have a questin most guys cant even get harleys out of there wives. how do you get this. if your not married well never mind

lockingtoggle

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
if your married i have a questin most guys cant even get harleys out of there wives. how do you get this.

Depends on the arguments you use. The one I relied on was that a space ship is less dangerous than a harley, and it worked. But I agree, this argument only works if she wants to keep you alive :p

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Depends on the arguments you use. The one I relied on was that a space ship is less dangerous than a harley, and it worked. But I agree, this argument only works if she wants to keep you alive :p
Another argument is that it doesn't really cost that much compared to other hobbies. The software is free, you can buy cheap eBay computers and monitors (or not), and the rest is just some wood, paint, some electrical parts, and hand tools. It'll keep you busy for months/years and she'll know where you are at 2am. I have about 800USD invested so far over a year and a half.

If you want to buy a table saw, tell her you'll build some bookcases or something. :lol:

Oh, and you'll always know what you want for your birthday, Christmas, . . .