OHM MSVBVM50.dll

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Author: grover

if you're having problems running some peripheral orbiter software, and you get the "MSVBVM50.dll missing" error, theres a 99% chance this will fix it (it works for my own computer)

just copy the two files inside this RAR to the directory of the program you're having trouble with (RG, meshwizard) and it should then run fine

i decided to put it here, as it may be the first place orbinauts look for this dll, and its more trustworthy than the sleezy dll repositories.

happy orbiting!

DOWNLOAD

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
i decided to put it here, as it may be the first place orbinauts look for this dll, and its more trustworthy than the sleezy dll repositories.
But why to look for it in sleazy DLL repositories, and not in the source, which Microsoft is?

From Visual Basic Run-time Files page you can choose VB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 (which Msvbvm50.dll is the part of), and 6.0 runtimes.

Especially for MSVBM50.DLL - this page contains installer which will install it system-wide (with additional libraries that may be used by other programs compiled with Visual Basic 5.0), without need for manually copying it to every program that you have had problem with this missing library.

Ross

Reaction score
Just a question...I know I have seen that error before but I can't remember for which add-ons. Do you know of any that require this .dll? (Just so I can experience those add-ons which I couldn't before).

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Mostly addons that manipulate things like meshes and surface bases, e.g. Surface base wizard and mesh wizard

remona

Reaction score
OHM MSVBVM50.dll

The problem of MSVBVM50.dll is so common but everyone do not know the reason and also the solution how to fix MSVBVM50.dll error easily. But now you can solve this issue yourself.

Thinker55

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks! I'd been going INSANE trying to piece together a working mesh editor!