Motor Assembly Video

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've had 3 fuel grains from my last batch that have been curing for about 3 weeks, and also a new nozzle design that's ready for testing. There's not much special in this video, just showing how I do the final motor assembly.

V8Li

Reaction score
That's cool, you have all you need in there, don't you?

One question: at about minute 1:40 you're installing the nossle, right? I've noticed that the "solid fuel" has some holes in it, just like the nozzle. Is it more efficient that way or it's a must?

PS: don't spray it since you add weight... unless you decrease drag that way :) . Please share the launch too when you do it.

Good luck!

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The only thing missing from this motor is the ignitor which will be fed thru the nozzle, and thru all the grains all the way to the top of the last grain.

Ignition occurs at the end opposite of the nozzle. The fire travels down thru the center of the grains and out the nozzle. The fuel grains burn from the inside out. The holes in the center are a requirement. This is true for almost all solid rocket motors.

I'll share launch videos for sure :)

As for paint... The small amount of weight added, and the slight drag induced will not have a signifigant impact on the flight, perhaps only altering the trajectory by 0.1% or less.