Support Moonbase Alpha 101027

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for your interest in our re-imagined Moonbase Alpha. Gattispilot and I are aware of some bugs we've discovered since release. They should not diminish the simulation. Please post any problems with our add-on here so we can catalogue and address them. Thanks for your help.

Ben

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Please note they are aware about when the eagle jumps when releasing from the a-pad.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, the first item on the Errata page of the manual. We don't have a fix for this as yet but still looking at it.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

New issue!
We've found a bug in the Silo and Receiving Well. When either are filled with waste canisters Shift-"C" results in the canisters being ejected into orbit. The Silo and Well can be filled with canisters as per the manual without problem. We are aware of this and are working the problem.

We also are aware of a camera view issue with the Waste Processor. A patch will be uploaded for this in 24-48 hrs. A workaround would be to hit the "Home" key when cycling views in the Waste Processor.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When I activate the winch, Orbiter freezes up.
What do you mean by Activate? I tried it and it moves up and down but seems to freeze if you release the magnet and try to grap it again.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just tried this with the Eagle Winch scenario. Launched to ~ 50 meters, extended winch, released the magnet. Re-grappled the magnet. No problems. No freeze. What scenario are you using?

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ben I tried it in the EagleWinch.scn. Released the Emagnet it flew up because it is below the ground when the Eagle is landed. But when it came back down and I attach it froze. I send a fix

Polaris

Reaction score
That's the scenario I was using. If you really want to be specific, when I hit "G", it froze up.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
A fix in being worked on. We may wait a bit before releasing another update to see if any other issues arise. Curious, there's no "G" command for the Winch, just 5, 6, J, K,

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes there is G turns on/off a beacon to let you know where the grapple area is. The beacon is the size of the grapple area. And the beacon part works. There will be another update that fixes the winch.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Update at Orbit Hangar

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Among other things, this update adds the ability to grapple silo caps with the magnet. [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2645"]CameraMFD 0.12 Beta[/ame] is a useful tool for grappling. With Surface MFD and Camera MFD active, approach the cap farm at an altitude of < 50 meters. Maintain a slow descent (< 0.3) m/s. Grappling is active at < 10 meters from the magnet's focus.

magnetapproach.jpg

magnetgrapple.jpg

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'll be off for a week or two. My laptop crashed and I have to retrieve all the Moonbase Alpha work.

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi...I was just wondering if it is possible to use the crane inside the Landing Pad with the XR2 Ravenstar instead of the Eagle....I've landed on Pad 2...I've lowered the landing pad...extended the crane rail..and when I press N, nothing happens...or does it just work with the Eagle?....thanks guys...

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
yes. You can/should be able to. In the newest release in the manual is a section on the attachments. I believe the attachment id must be EGLETOP. So you would need to make an attachment to the xr2.cfg.