oapiVCRegisterHUD(&hud);
		mfd.ngroup = 47;//LEFT MFD 
		mfd.nmesh = 1; //WHICH MESH NUMBER
		oapiVCRegisterMFD(0, &mfd);
		mfd.ngroup = 48;//RIGHT MFD 
		mfd.nmesh = 1;  //WHICH MESH NUMBER
		oapiVCRegisterMFD(1, &mfd);
		return 1;
I used this code for the 2 MFDs and HUD in my Virtual Cockpit. They are aligned and visible, but they are present at the beginning of a flight when I hit F1 then F8. I must then ONLY hit F1 to go back and forth between External View and VC....if I hit F8 more than once to toggle to plain control Panel mode vs. VC(so I can use the MFDs and change its settings)....when I return to VC the MFDs and HUD are gone and I can't get them to return...I can only restart Orbiter to get them back and leave "Panel Mode" out of it... Is there another part of the code that I should be using for Orbiter to hold this in memory?

Also,Is the HUD in VC VERY abbrieviated!? I thought I would get multiple horizontal lines telling me my pitch at any moment from the surface. All I have, when I toggle through the HUD modes with "H" button if I do that before going to VC the first time, is just a Zenith and Nadir indicator in Orbit mode and just a N/S/E/W degree compass in Surface mode (No Lines)....Now the HUD letters glow to read in the dark, but NOT the MFD's they disappear in the dark....As far as I can tell, there seems to be no way to get a light in the VC that illuminates objects(looking at posts on the forum)???? So I am giving all my important materials/pilots a very, very slight emissive texture...so I can barely see them in the dark... I haven't tried this yet with the MFD texture....but really it should be glowing I would think with electronic digits and letters.
Thanks Taurus-Littrow

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try using this material setting:
1 1 1 1
.984314 .984314 .984314 1
.2 .2 .2 1 100
.2 .2 .2 1

The reason you may not be getting the info is you have the size set to .15

Can you post a screen shot from your VC?

tauruslittrow84

Reaction score
tried all sizes

I'm going to try your material settings , take a screen shot , and get back to you...have to run out for awhile.
But my HUD size says .14 because that's the last size i tried before copying to you the code. I've tried size 1, .5, .7., .15....none changed the size , it stayed the same each time. When MFDs are on they cover my alignment texture completley (which is a black square that says power off. However the HUD one in the window....shows through with the black square and words"power off" and blocks the window view...so I edited the mesh by hand in wordpad and made the RGBA....into 0 0 0 0....cause it said 0 0 0 1.....that didn't make it transparent which sort of surprised me....that usually works. Anyway I'll try these things...and get back to you. I just need it to hold itself into memory....so I can go to regular MFD panel and use interplanetary MFD and orbit screens and stuff and come back to VC and fly with those screens up.