Method for restarting a scenario?

jaycrossler

Reaction score
Hi all,
Is there a way to restart a scenario? I'll be having a few thousand middle-school kids come through a kiosk-mode orbiter, and want them each to fly a mission. After each is done,I'd like to hit a button on the joystick to automatically restart the mission (rather than doing the F4, click click) thing.

I've looked through the key mappings, and downloaded the FlyByWire and KeyinderWizard addons, but couldn't find anything that would restart a mission.

Is my best bet to go in through the SDK and try to find out how to write a new function that is accessible via keymaps that could reload a scenario?

Any ideas? I'm going to try a mouse-click emulation program (like MacroMagik) to try to emulate clicks at the right spot, but I'm not confident that will always work.

Thanks!

Nickmick95

Reaction score
The only way I know is: Click F4, Click on Exit, and once at your desktop click on that same scenario again. If you want you could make up C++ code for restarting a scenario. I'll speak to Martin about it.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
There is a plugin that loads scenarios on the fly.
Unfortunately, as always, I don't remember the name :(

jaycrossler

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

I've found a few things:
- It seems that when Macro Magic is running, Orbiter gives a Blue Screen of Death on my XP box.

- AutoHotKey seems to work well, I'm working on a script now that links to a Joystick 8 button that would run F4, click at the right spot, then click through to restart a mission. I'll post here if I get it working well.

I'd love if you could recommend where in the SDK to start if I were to do it in C++.

Have a great one!

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is this any use?

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2339"]Instant Launch[/ame]

InstantLaunch by Face, never used it myself though.

jaycrossler

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that Instant Launch add-on out.

As a temporary band-aid, I have this working within AutoHotKey (of course, screen points might change based on configuration/scenario/resolution):

Code:
Joy8::
Send {F4}
Sleep, 500

; Move to and click the Exit choice
MouseClick, left, 43, 310
Sleep, 6000

;Make sure to activate the orbiter window, otherwise click points might be 

affected by switching resolution
WinActivate, Orbiter Launchpad
Sleep, 1000

; Move to and double click the correct Scenario group