Request Luna 17

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Unless there is a detailed landing site mesh there's not much to do with a lander on Orbiter.
There are some panoramas of the Lunokod hardware on the surface of the moon after landing so it's not impossible to create a detailed environment for exploration. There are also good traverse maps but we are talking about a big distance covered over several weeks. It might be doable with time acceleration though.
Nevertheless, it's an important historical addon that is missing from Orbiter.

Here's a good source of information about it:
http://selena.sai.msu.ru/Home/Spacecrafts/Lunokhod1/lunokhod1e.htm

Puma

Reaction score
lunokhod robotic rover

I just uploaded lunokhod robotic rover for the Luna 17 mission here is the link:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4228"]lunokhod robotic rover[/ame]
========================================
Edited and uploaded by Puma the model is created by Dogsbd.
========================================
this is my first addon but the model is created by Dogsbd (Just a beta),the mesh needs to be rezised, no animations, not dlls, if any one knows how to create an dll or can help with this project will be great...Thanks!

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
I'll check it out latter and give some advice, but congratulations for your first addon! :cheers:

To to resize, rotate and move meshes, I'd recommend Mesh Wizard ([ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2740"]Mesh Wizard 1.9d[/ame]).

To add animations, you have to prepare the mesh for it (groups) and then define them in the ini file. I wouldn't worry about them for now.

My advice for further development would be to simulate launch and landing. That would require several meshes and several config files. The ideia is that each craft has a payload that separates. The final separation would be the lander itself on the surface.
Another road to follow would be to try to simulate the real movement of the rover: speed, turning angle, etc.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I've checked it. Since you asked for some help, here are some things you need to fix ;):

Folder names: Your zip has a mesh folder instead of a Meshes folder, so the scenario didn't work at first. Also, the read-me should go the docs folder and not stay on the root.

Structure: You have the lander and the landing stage in the same mesh. You will need to separate them and configure each one as separate craft.

For guidance, you can see how the MER rovers add-on is structured. Start from the final scenarios, with the rover on the surface and use them as reference for your project. It will get you on the right direction fast :)!

Puma

Reaction score
Lunokhod

Thanks,I wish that you can help to buid it corrcetly because I just didi it to encourage some on to start this prject. I think it is a must have addon.there are a luna 10 addon you could use a lot of that ....waht I mean is that the Lunokhod addon is free to upgrade...You seem to know a lot of it, coud you make this addon for the orbiter comunity please? ...Thanks!

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
So much to do, so little time! ;)

I have several ongoing projects that I do most for my own pleasure, but I do like to share them with others. At the moment I have to finish the Venera 9 addon, but I've also started to make an interior Mesh for the ISS Zvezda module. And that developed from an atempt to do a VC for Salyut.
So development is not a straight line, it's something you do for the fun of it.
Right now my hands are full, but I can help, probably with meshes.

You already have all the tools you need to improve on your addon, and I've pointed other addons so that you can see how they are done. There are also some nice tutorials. The only way you can have the missions you want in Orbiter is by doing it yourself! :) That would benefit you (by learning a lot) and the comunity. Someone can make it for you, but what about the next addon you want? It might seem complicated to start, but you can do it if you keep trying! :cheers: