Search Aurora base

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
So, I saw this addon on Orbithangar, and in the description it mentions you need to install the base separately. From the screenshot, Aurora base looks pretty cool. A search on the hangar turns up this, which appears to be the addon I seek, but when I go to download, it shows ”File Version 0.0” and when I click the download link, nothing downloads. Any thoughts?

llarian

Reaction score
As with Vesta, Ceres seems too small for .flt to do much good. To be sure I haven't tried it yet, just found the flattest spot on Ceres I could find. Anyone know for sure how well .flt files will work on Ceres?

EstebanDF

Reaction score
FYI, Aurora Base works in 2016 with D3D9 the .flt file attached...
Just put it in \Textures\Moon\Flat\
Hi @Max-Q Do you have the modified version of D3D9 that will read FLT files ? otherwise no worries, In the meantime I've move the base nearby to a flat area :D

Genesis

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've tried to install Lunar Aurora base using the links above...I've put the Aurora.flt.txt file in the correct folder but I still get the following
1712152218042.png

Any idea why this is happening?

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
looks like you don't have hi-res moon textures and micro tex
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/resources/high-resolution-planetery-textures-for-orbiter2016.5569/

(I didnt know Max-Q had posted a .flt file too, I can't find a working link to the addon, is it from DanSteph? We should consolidate, best would be an official patch endorsed by the author (I also moved the base slightly to avoid a mountain). Was planning to make an update with lights and animation with VB, but was unsure if it was worth the extra dependency).

Last edited:

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
It should look like this in Orb2016 (would be nice to get the shadows fixed)
0130.jpg

Genesis

Reaction score
I’m going to give up with this to be honest, I won’t have enough space on my laptop to download the high res textures, and will probably load as it’s only a standard video card, so I’ll just have to stick with Brighton Beach. Maybe there might be some add one to enhance the look…
I’ll just keep concentrating on practising with Hover MFD…👍

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
If it helps I wouldn't bother with the Eart hi-res, just Moon, maybe Mars (Mars does look really good!), and it runs on my 10 yr old laptop (not great though)

Genesis

Reaction score
Yeah, it was just the moon hi res that I was trying to download but was only able to download one of the “tree” files..ce la vie

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Fixed pad flickering
added Nav Beacon

Attachments

• AuroraBase2016P.zip
    2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Genesis

Reaction score
In what sense do you mean pad flickering? Were you having problems with flickering?

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
In what sense do you mean pad flickering? Were you having problems with flickering?
Yes, it was something I did quickly long ago, now that I've taken a closer look it wasn't optimal, I've raised the meshes slightly, might even work/look better with your version?(judging from your pic- might be worth a try?)

Genesis

Reaction score
I can give it a try. Funny how the area around Brighton Beach looks more like it should with Aurora, but Aurora just seems like it’s just been put on a grey surface…

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
That's the basic default version, Brighton Beach is the default Moon base, you have that everywhere with the hi-res textures + micro textures

Genesis

Reaction score
Shame I can’t just replace BB with Aurora, just do a straight swap… I think Aurora looks more realistic…

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Backup/remove your brighton.cfg and add the .cfg attached

Brighton Beach needs a .flt file for the hi-res tex. but it might help you too

Attachments

• W-AuroraBB.zip
    516 bytes · Views: 2
  • Brighton.zip
    163 bytes · Views: 1