Problem Loading UMMU crew using UMMUFA

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Computerex or tl8, or anyone who knows, I've got a possible issue when I'm using UMMUFA with SoyuzTMA 0.6 (the last version).

I can add crew, no problem. I can also transfer them to the "stock" Orbiter ISS, ProjectAlpha_ISS, which I believe to be a "config file-only" kind of vessel (no DLL). I save the crew info, and it duly writes the crew info into the new config file at scenarios\ummufa, and saves a scenario of my current state with the required call out to UMMUFA:

BEGIN_UMMUFA
CFG Scenarios/UMMUFA/CurrentState.cfg
END

...which is all well and good.

The problem: When I last havd the crew aboard the Soyuz, after stopping orbiter and restarting the saved UMMUFA scenario, the crew vanishes. But if the crew is aboard the ISS when I exit, restarting the scenario, they're still aboard ISS. Is there something else I ought to be doing?

Thanks in advance! :)

P.S. There is a possibly related issue...the name I gave to this particular Soyuz, is "Titan" (call sign for TMA-13). I'd noticed that occasionally, starting up a scenario with this ship under certain circumstances, I was seeing instead of the Soyuz a "vessel" that was in fact Saturn's moon. Pretty funny, and it cracks me up every time. But I wonder if UMMU or UMMUFA is shying away from a vessel that it thinks might instead be a moon and not a spacecraft.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hmm, I will have to investigate further.

The saved scenario has crew in the ISS
If you exit now, all is good
If you transfer the crew to Soyuz, the crew disappears

Is that how it works?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
In a sense. If you transfer focus to the Soyuz you should see the crew there.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
can you upload the .scn file ?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Also post the currentstate.cfg under scenarios\ummufa - it will show where the people are.

-----Post Added-----

Is it just with the Soyuz TMA? Could be a cvel problem.

Unlikely as I've never had this problem with the TMA.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hmm, I will have to investigate further.

The saved scenario has crew in the ISS
If you exit now, all is good
If you transfer the crew to Soyuz, the crew disappears

Is that how it works?

Thanks, all, for the help!

tl8, it's not quite like that: If I exit the scenario and the crew happens to be in the ISS, then when I restart, the crew is still there. If I exit the scenario with the crew in SoyuzTMA, then when I restart it, the crew is gone.

I've attached my scn and UMMUFA config files here. (I renamed the cfg file as txt so the uploader would accept it.) When I open this scenario, the crew isn't anywhere except the config file. :p

And yes, I'm not bothering to upload the "current state" file because it's empty, just like the Soyuz: no crew.

Thanks again-

Attachments

• crew.scn
    1.1 KB · Views: 6
  • crew.txt
    960 bytes · Views: 8

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Your crew file is called crew.txt but it's referenced in the scenario as crew.cfg. I assume you do have the CFG file?

-----Post Added-----

Sorry one other thing - when you exit the scenario it will write the currentstate.cfg because thats the name of the scenario. I think that there is a confusion about scenario names and cfg files here.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Your crew file is called crew.txt but it's referenced in the scenario as crew.cfg. I assume you do have the CFG file?

-----Post Added-----

Sorry one other thing - when you exit the scenario it will write the currentstate.cfg because thats the name of the scenario. I think that there is a confusion about scenario names and cfg files here.

Hello Gary,

No, not at all...I just loaded currentstate because it was requested. Meanwhile, I explained in my post why I renamed the cfg file (Tex's system doesn't see cfg files as a valid file type for uploading.) Please pretend it's a cfg file.

MT

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Sorry MajorTom. I didnt read your post properly. My mistake.