Launch vehicle calculations

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
attachment.php

I took data from the upper stages of the old Scout launcher (1960s all-solids rocket) and entered a payload mass of 5 kg (~12 pounds).
The spreadsheet to play around is my trusty old DeltaVcalc:
http://orbiter-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7187&d=1303424862

I think this will be useful. Especially with the tank diameter/length.

Last edited:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
@Mattyv
-- Is it possible for your spread-sheet to take boosters burning in parallel to stages into effect? --

Sorry, no.
Your question is interesting, it just never came to my mind, although the method to use boosters in parallel is common. The workaround would be to create for the parallel burn a separate flight phase with 'mixed' ISP and added thrust. This is somewhat tedious to do by hand. Maybe I will find time include parallel burns in an update of the spreadsheet.

icedown

Reaction score
I think I can rework the program is someone is able to help me with the translation. Here is a copy of the screen shot with numbers on each of the strings, If you can translate these, I can plug them back into the program. I can do the file/options menu as well, just list the translations. And with dialogs, just send me a small screen shot of the dialog with the translation. I don't know if I will be able to do the spreadsheet that it generates though, still looking for that section. PM me if you want my email.

dsdswt.jpg

All I can see on my machine is the ?????, even in my editor. If you have another idea on how to organize and specify the translations, please speak up.

Last edited:

Phil Smith

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I think I can rework the program is someone is able to help me with the translation. Here is a copy of the screen shot with numbers on each of the strings, If you can translate these, I can plug them back into the program. I can do the file/options menu as well, just list the translations. And with dialogs, just send me a small screen shot of the dialog with the translation. I don't know if I will be able to do the spreadsheet that it generates though, still looking for that section. PM me if you want my email.

dsdswt.jpg

All I can see on my machine is the ?????, even in my editor. If you have another idea on how to organize and specify the translations, please speak up.

I'll very appreciate if you help me to translate this program man!
so here's translation of your numbers:

1. Stages/clusters/What stage starting along;
2. Dry stage mass/Full stage mass, tons;
3. Engine thrust sea level/void, kN;
4. Specific impulse sea level/void, m/s;
5. Stage diameter, m;
6. Engine start/cutoff time, sec;
7. Total rocket weight, tons;
8. Step and numbers of iterations ldT, sec; Ic1; Ic2;
9. Latitude (deg), longitude (deg) and elevation (km);
10. Planet radius Equatorial/Polar Rpl, km;
11. Planet mass Mpl, kg / Planet rotating speed Vpl, m/s
12. Show all lines in report tables;
13. Show all vectors;
14,15. Choose between Pitch (тангаж) or yaw (рысканье);
16. Guidance;
17. Aerodynamic;
18. Throttling;
19. Information about vehicle;
20. Selection of saved vehicles;
21. SOLVE;
22. Focus;
23. Free;
24. sec;
25. Select between Vehicle (ракета), stage (ступень) or launch site (космодром);
26. Show panels;
27. Stages;
28. Main parameters.

And you forgot one button near field #7 - "Доп мас:0" - Extra mass (Here you type all extra mass of your vehicle such as escape launch system etc, its mass and time of its jettison)

if you have any question - you're welcome!:thumbup:

SO i translate all menus in the program:

just translating of report tables and diagrams left

Last edited:

icedown

Reaction score
Ok, I've most of the front page translations in place. Dialog boxes, combo boxes, and tables are all built on the fly so they are a little harder to deal with. I've found them, but figuring out which string goes with which text is bothersome considering I'm looking at it in ascii. I've got the program disassembled and am trying to figure out how to convert them. This part may take a while though.

Here is the exe as it stands right now. Maybe it will be of some use. Just drop it in your sputnik directory. Be sure to back up the original exe.

http://www.icedown.net/Sputnik.rar

I would also like to say that this is not my work at all, just a translation of an awesome program with the help of Phil Smith.

Phil Smith

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Ok, I've most of the front page translations in place. Dialog boxes, combo boxes, and tables are all built on the fly so they are a little harder to deal with. I've found them, but figuring out which string goes with which text is bothersome considering I'm looking at it in ascii. I've got the program disassembled and am trying to figure out how to convert them. This part may take a while though.

Here is the exe as it stands right now. Maybe it will be of some use. Just drop it in your sputnik directory. Be sure to back up the original exe.

http://www.icedown.net/Sputnik.rar

I would also like to say that this is not my work at all, just a translation of an awesome program with the help of Phil Smith.

Hi
Can you please re-upload the RAR? your link is dead so far..