Project Lambert MFD

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Lambert MFD is a tool that can be used to plan and execute realistic rendezvous maneuvers by solving Lambert's Problem. It is based on the lua scripts I released on Orbithangar a while ago and have been implemented by David413 in his Orbit Targeting MFD for Shuttle Fleet. My goal is to create a general purpose MFD that can be used with every vessel. it also works very well for Apollo-style lunar rendezvous (TPI and TPM maneuver). At the moment I have mostly tested it with the Shuttle rendezvous maneuvers (NCC, TI, MC1-4).

6nuXfMk.png
q7JYAtS.png
59beclh.png

Currently the features are:

-A user interface that lets you choose the target vessel, maneuver time, arrival time, offset parameters...
-Calculating a delta-v vector for an impulsive burn.
-Compatible with non-spherical gravity.
-A maneuver display that helps the user to find the correct burn attitude (very much WIP).
-A maneuver autopilot that uses the main engine or the forward directed RCS engines to automatically execute the burn.

I just have to write a manual and create some example scenarios and I will upload it to Orbithangar. It still needs a lot of work in the user friendly department though.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
a most excellent idea for an MFD. I use your lua scripts all the time, as well as David's MFD. I will give this a try next opportunity I get for sure, let you know how it works.

:cheers: