Problem L10 Earth textures / Other scenery questions

dirtyname

Reaction score
Hi gang...I just installed Seth Eden's Earth and Night Light Textures but unfortunately I am unhappy with the required load times for my computer.

I would like to revert to another set of L10 textures for Earth, but can't seem to find the appropriate files, and I failed to create a backup of the original L10 Earth Textures I was using.

Can someone point me in the right direction on where to find the best L10 earth textures that don't require long load times?

Also, a related question:

What is the easiest way to load Edwards and other landing sites and have them appear in ALL scenarios (i.e. Ravenstar?)

I have loads of mods, but many scenarios don't load things like Edwards, or the the launch towers at KSC, for example. Is there a way to set up a config file so that my downloaded vehicles/scenarios ALWAYS load certain types of scenery?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
You need to change all scenarios to just Sol, not SolM, or SolSTS, etc.

Tommy

Reaction score
With the Edwards add-on I think he's reffering to, that means Edwards son't show up in any of his scenarios. If you look around Orbithanger (browse all add-ons, it's mixed in with the Edwards stuff) there's an add-on that makes slats Edwards base work in Sol system as well as SolSTS.

WARNING ----

Using this add-on relocates the runways and towers at Cape Canaveral to the "right geographical location (so they appear in the right place on the Hi-res tilesets based on sattelite imagery) so many stock and add-on scenarios using canaveral will have ships starting off the runway or launchpad.

see this thread a link to that add-on, and positions to use for placing a ship on the runway:

As for the actual launch towers, they are usually vessels and need to be listed in the scenario file to be shown. I remember seeing an add-on called "default scenario" or somesuch that will allow you to add them to all scenarios. Don't remember if it works with the current version of Orbiter, and I can't seem to get through to Orbit Hanger at the moment.
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5911

-Pv-

Reaction score
Load times are because high rez scenery are large files and more of them. As long as the sim doesn't become a slide show, the hi rez scenery is what you wanted when you loaded it. Right?

The simplest thing is to re-install orbiter and the other add-ons you prefer. If you are using Shuttle Fleet or other shuttle add-ons, you'll likely get the hi rez launch pads back again unless you stick to older scenarios.
-Pv-