HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I found this and I immediately thought AgentGonzo... I hope others will agree

Stripe

Reaction score
Just seen this! - all I can say is :eek:hmy:

Was watching the G meter for Gonzo and noticed that sometimes it would flick from just under a g to something like 2,800 neg G then back down again to just under a G.

Was this happening because of some weird maneuver he was performing or was this a fault in aerobrakeMFD ?

I think when I get proficient enough at this and go for a try myself, my 'realism limiter' will kick in and prevent me from trying maneuvers which will result in such high G.

Surprised the XR2 he was flying didn't fall apart under such high negative G load.

However, fantastic flying, you say you've gone faster ? :lolol:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think that is a bug with Aerobrake MFD.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's aerobrakeMFD's predicted, highest G-load at any given point between that instant and impacting the ground. It's a good measure for making re-entries, but should be ignored during burns; especially when acceleration up to orbital speed.

To check his G-load, bring up the main panel and look at the meters in the middle. From flying this plan, I've gotten 5Gs with the scrams and the mains burning, and 7/8Gs on re-entry. Plus around 100Gs quite a few times when I've burned up and then slammed straight into the sea. :)

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Under 1000s is my ultimate goal, but I doubt very much if this is possbile. I'd love to be proved wrong.
I'm not so sure that 1000s is attainable unless you get a spot-on-perfect run using the profile that I'm doing at the moment. The current best that I'm getting is about 1015s for the fastest run (from wheels-start to wheels-stop). I can do it in under 1000s from wheels-up by the MET, but I don't count that. I have a few things to try, but I'm not sure that they'll yield a faster run.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just watched agentgonzo's playback. Wow. That was totally insane. Awesome approach and landing, very cool (figuratively, though not literally).

Great flying! I'm going to try this for the first time tonight.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Way out of my league! At least for quite a while it will be. That is going to be the most challenging thing I have ever attempted in Orbiter. You ARE an XR2 Ace to achieve that kind of time!

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
I can't get under 1726 seconds (28:46 seconds), and doing that was a thrill ride until the last two minutes. Maybe I need to eliminate the barrel roll from my ascent profile.