OHM KSC-Missile-Row Ver2

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
KSC Canaveral Missile Row Version 2 This add-on overwrites the stock, Config / Earth / Base / Canaveral.cfg file in Orbiter. This version has some extra features over the stock base: The old stock base (Spaceport) is moved to a better position (Not across a road.), Most of the active and historic launch pads in their numerically correct positions on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station launch current and historic spacecraft from their correct pads, Both Shuttle Launch Complexes LC 39 A and B, Most of the support buildings on Merritt Island and CCAFS: - KSC Industrial area, KSC Visitors complex, Around the VAB, Canaveral Air Force Base and Launch control blockhouses. In fact this base contains 1814 objects and 53 new textures. As with some of my previous bases, this base has two versions, Basic and Enhanced. The basic install requires Kev33's K-LC-39-Rep-v2 High Res version of the Shuttle Launch Complex. K-LC-39-Rep-v2 [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2590"]Default LC-39 Replacement Ver2[/ame] Also required are Benjamin Smithrsquo;s SLF Mate Demate Device and Orbiter Processing Facility. SLF MDD [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1321"]SLF Orbiter Mate/Demate Device[/ame] OPF [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1317"]Orbiter Processing Facility[/ame] These need to be installed before this add-on as I used these for LC 39 A and B, the OPF and the SLF MDD. These are needed for their Meshes and textures. There is no need to install those add-ons Canaveral.cfg files. Otherwise I used mostly stock Orbiter meshes for the extra buildings on Merit Island and on CCAFS. The Enhanced version uses meshes and textures from a series of brilliant launch complex add-ons written by Kev Shanow (Kev33) for most of the active and historic launch complexes on CCAFS. Links and installation instructions are included with this add-on. The Canaveral.cfg file is arranged so that all the launch complexes can be enabled and disabled easily. If you want an `historic` KSC most of the `Shuttle Era` objects can be disabled. Even have Apollo Era pads instead of the basic installrsquo;s Shuttle pads for LC 39 A and B. Thanks again to Bill Mullins for his Satdish2 and Geodome meshes, Joseacute; Pablo Luna Saacute;nchez for his indispensable Surface Base Wizard, which made the whole thing possible and Google Earth for all the hard data. Eric H Andersons (Sputnik) CVEL Titans v1.34 is used for CVEL Titans missile Row Scenario. Other scenarios use pad 11 for LC39A, so Pad 7 is used in LC11 position on CCAFS.

[ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3966]More...[/ame]

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I took a look at this in my test install earlier today. You've done a fantastic job in making use of the tools availible to the Orbiter communty and created what is simply THE BEST Cape Canaverl/KSC base availible for Orbiter to date.

Job well done and definately time well spent as far as I'm concerned.

:cheers:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I've installed this and whilst it works the pads and runways are not lining up with the tiles. I know there was an issue with this on other addons but I can't find the fix - Any suggestions?
Thanks.

algol

Reaction score
This add-on used the stock surface tiles as a guide. On closer inspection thet were a little out here and there. I ended up just living with it and tried to get the best looking fit I could. I thought that there would be a problem with other canaveral add-ons.
Apart from re-doing the whole base for your particular surface tiles, the only thing I can suggest in slightly changing the whole base's location by careful editing of the loation line at the start of the Config/Earth/Base/Canaveral.cfg file to move the desired distance. I might work, it's a case of `suck-it-and-see` I'm affraid.

The line is highlighted below:

BASE-V2.0
Name = Cape Canaveral
Location = -80.675 +28.5208

E

ex-orbinaut

It looks pretty good, but something seems to be wrong with my install of it (or maybe the other required add ons). The panels on some of the buildings are flickery, like the meshes are set too close, and some textures do not appear to be rendering. Must be my low spec computer again...

My thanks, just the same.:)