Software Keymapping DGIV RCS/Lin mode

Scattykat

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm very much a newbie to Orbiter 2010 and I'm having great fun with it.

I'm using a Logic 3 Pro Flight 2 joystick with JoyToKey to map some of the keyboard controls onto its buttons.

Initially, I couldn't map the RCS mode control (Numpad /) so I changed the keyboard.cfg - RCS mode file from "Numpad Divide" to "W". And RCS enable from "Divide Ctrl" to "W Ctrl"

This works fine in Delta Glider and all the XR vessels but it hasn't changed the keyboard commands in DGIV, which still goes with Numpad /

it means that I still have to use the keyboard to change RCS mode, rather than the Joystick.

Unless I haven't looked hard enough, I can't find any reference to this problem on the Forum. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

kevin580

Reaction score
Website
www.ascensionspaceagency.jimdo.com
First, Welcome!

I think that's so because the DGIV is made for Orbiter 2006 P1.
There's a file called 'keymap2006.cfg', I think, it's not made like the normal keymap.
Try it in Orbiter 2006 P1, there it should work.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I don't think it's because of that. More likely because keys are overridden by the callback. In my opinion those keys are hardcoded for the DGIV, but I will be able to check it in a couple of hours.

There's a file called 'keymap2006.cfg', I think, it's not made like the normal keymap.
This file isn't used by Orbiter at all. It's provided to make Orbiter 2010 key mappings the same as in Orbiter 2006, by manually replacing 'keymap.cfg' with this file (look here).

I can't check it at the moment, but most likely it won't change anything in this case.

Scattykat

Reaction score
First, Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! :tiphat:

I tried adjusting the keymap2006.cfg file and like orb suggested, it hasn't worked.

I guess if it's hardwired in, it can't be changed - well I couldn't as I don't have the programming skills.